Honored Contributor

@arizona babe wrote:

@lianne And I will add my state of AZ- stay away this winter, we don't need you, in fact I am not too sure you were ever wanted here, all you do is mess up traffic and cause waiting times in restaurants- just stay in your states and deal with your winters

@lianne @Did you know that Arizona is surging right now? 

Respected Contributor

@arizona babe That’s harsh. Tourism is the bread and butter for many people in our state, but I don’t think most people should be traveling unless necessary right now.

Come visit us when this virus is over 🙂. 

Esteemed Contributor

@arizona babe wrote:

@lianne And I will add my state of AZ- stay away this winter, we don't need you, in fact I am not too sure you were ever wanted here, all you do is mess up traffic and cause waiting times in restaurants- just stay in your states and deal with your winters

@arizona babe,  I hope you have deep pockets to make up for the loss of tourist dollars.  Oops, you'll get a chance to dig with the loss of tourists during the crisis.

Although these figures are from 2018, the latest available, it might give you a hint as to what tourists staying away will cost residents:

Arizona’s warm weather and magnificent natural beauty made tourism the number one export industry in Arizona in 2018. 45.5 million people visited Arizona in 2018 who collectively spent $24.4 billion in the state. The money spent by visitors supports jobs and generates tax revenue. The $3.63 billion in 2018 tax revenue equals an annual tax savings of $1,360 for every Arizona household and supported 192,300 industry jobs.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

Last I heard, the European Union is considering banning all visitors from the U.S.  Loss of tourist dollars, to be sure, but

they are alarmed at what is happening in our country.  I am, too.  I know all we went through in our little state.  We worked very hard and made many sacrifices here.  Our numbers are way down, but we lost over 4,000 souls in the process.  

Respected Contributor

@arizona babe wrote:

.what a not nice thing to say...your numbers are out of control because the governor opened too soon and refused to follow cdc suggestions on mask use. We own a home in Az, pay real estate tax and support the economy.

thank goodness, the native Arizonans I know are warm and welcoming.

Honored Contributor

Hawaii has had a 14 day quarantine for visitors for quite a while.  I saw there were quite a few people who were vacationing there were caught and arrested for not stating in.

The hotels and B&B's turned them in.  Locals everywhere do not want visitors being them illness.p and they will help enforce the rules.

Respected Contributor

@sydsgma1 wrote:

@arizona babe wrote:

.what a not nice thing to say...your numbers are out of control because the governor opened too soon and refused to follow cdc suggestions on mask use. We own a home in Az, pay real estate tax and support the economy.

thank goodness, the native Arizonans I know are warm and welcoming.

@sydsgma1 , good point. We own a small condo in FL and like you, we pay taxes, HOA fees and buy food, gas, etc when there. This contributes to the local economy.

However, we’ve not been to FL since Feb. Here in PA we recently achieved green status and things have opened up. I agree with the policies of our governor. Not ready to travel, especially to FL due to what’s going on there and my disagreement with the way that gov is handling the pandemic. 

Respected Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

Last I heard, the European Union is considering banning all visitors from the U.S.  Loss of tourist dollars, to be sure, but

they are alarmed at what is happening in our country.  I am, too.  I know all we went through in our little state.  We worked very hard and made many sacrifices here.  Our numbers are way down, but we lost over 4,000 souls in the process.  

The EU continues to have its own Covid problems.  Not sure why any American "who worked hard and made many scarifices here" would even want to risk traveling there for the foreseeable future.

Super Contributor

@arizona babe wrote:

I hope we are a bit more welcoming in my town. Yes, it is way more crowded, but the visitors from WA, OR and Canada add a lot to the economy. 

People just gripe about wearing masks, don't stay home, don't social distance. 

We need be more careful.

Honored Contributor

None of this is going to work out long term.  You understand don't you that people are not going to avoid travel for years, businesses are not going to shut down for years, and people are not going to wear masks everywhere.

In the real world it isn't going to happen.  You can't enforce it, you can't stop it.  You simply can't quarantine people at the boarders because it isn't possible. 

I am not arguing right or wrong here, just reality.  My point being how come you all keep arguing about this and that and such?