Honored Contributor

Re: Atmospheric river of rain for SF Bay Area and surrounding

Here's an image of where Bay Area flooding occurred today.  I'm grateful none of it is close to me.

DaIdzWLVAAA-wUy.jpg

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The weather crew driving over the Golden Gate Bridge today.  It's been years since I've been on that bridge.  How about you, @Noel7?   Hope you're feeling OK today.

B70IaqwzbiP_Y_FA.jpg

Honored Contributor

Hopefully not too bad tomorrow morning. I’m flying in it. LOL
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

Here's an image of where Bay Area flooding occurred today.  I'm grateful none of it is close to me.

DaIdzWLVAAA-wUy.jpg

@GingerPeach

There's a lot of flooding marked in the area of Marin and the highway, it often floods there.  They must have got a lot of rain.

Honored Contributor

I'm in Colorado and we are getting some of the rain from that weather system. We'll be having rain and snow on and off for the next couple of days...WE NEED IT BADLY!

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

With the weather crew driving over the Golden Gate Bridge today.  It's been years since I've been on that bridge.  How about you, @Noel7?   Hope you're feeling OK today.

B70IaqwzbiP_Y_FA.jpg

Hi again @GingerPeach  I started feeling better this afternoon.  There had been a lot of stress over the death of my close friend.  I talked to his daughter again this afternoon, glad to hear she is feeling better, too. 

Honored Contributor

Here's the forecast.  Heavy rain during tonight's commute.  

Honored Contributor

ps Forgot to say, we are over the GG bridge often, a lot of ties in Marin Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

With the weather crew driving over the Golden Gate Bridge today.  It's been years since I've been on that bridge.  How about you, @Noel7?   Hope you're feeling OK today.

B70IaqwzbiP_Y_FA.jpg

Hi again @GingerPeach  I started feeling better this afternoon.  There had been a lot of stress over the death of my close friend.  I talked to his daughter again this afternoon, glad to hear she is feeling better, too. 

I'm glad to hear that, @Noel7  I am again so sorry for the loss of your friend.  It's clear his daughter is gaining great comfort from your being there.  I think that must help ease your stress, too.  I know being useful in any capacity can be a stress reliever.

I have my back door open with just the screen in place so I can hear the rain.  The temps are so mild.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Noel7 wrote:

@september wrote:

@shoekitty.  I think we got a lot of rain last night.  I know it woke me a few times.  Will hear the rainfall total when the local news comes on at 5. 

Today has been drizzly, but it's not over yet.  

@septemberand

@shoekitty

It rained here last night and just when they said it would.  Still raining when I fell asleep.  Raining now, also.

Shoekitty said:

@Noel7. Rain is a good thing.  Our rain has moved again.  However, we have had a soft barely visable drizzle/ mist.  It has gone on long enough to water the yard.  It says "rain" is due tonight after 11pm.  We will see.  The drizzle is good enough for me though. I have had no less than 50 Lesser goldfinches at a time at niger seed feeders.  They are so cute and beautiful in their mating colors!  They look like yellow canarys