Honored Contributor

Re: At a wedding, do you prefer

I don't have a preference for the meal, but I would like a bar.

Respected Contributor

I’ve waited this long to wear that dress. Our family and friends are going to dance with us all night long while I wear it.
Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
I’ve waited this long to wear that dress. Our family and friends are going to dance with us all night long while I wear it.

You go girl!!  Best wishes.

Honored Contributor

I like a plated meal.

As for the bar I do enjoy a few drinks. Beer, wine & a signature cocktail is fine.  I don't like cash bars though.

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

I prefer a wedding to just have cake, punch, and no meal whatsoever.  This added expense of feeding guests is just not necessary to me.  Add the money to their new life and home together.  I can eat at home.  Not opposed to a glass of champagne to toast the Bride and Groom at the reception but feeding me is just not what I need.

@beckyb1012 . I'm 64 and  have honeslty never beeen to a wedding reception with only cake and punch.  I can't imagine having guests travel for hours and not give them anything to eat.

Respected Contributor

At what time of the day would you get married and not have something to eat?
Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

I prefer a wedding to just have cake, punch, and no meal whatsoever.  This added expense of feeding guests is just not necessary to me.  Add the money to their new life and home together.  I can eat at home.  Not opposed to a glass of champagne to toast the Bride and Groom at the reception but feeding me is just not what I need.

@beckyb1012 . I'm 64 and  have honeslty never beeen to a wedding reception with only cake and punch.  I can't imagine having guests travel for hours and not give them anything to eat.

It was mainly back in the 1970's to early 80's that most of the ones I went to had cake, punch and mints.  All were usually in the Fellowship Hall of our family churches @haddon9

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 . I got married in 1982.  It could be a regional thing.

Respected Contributor

I honestly have no preference. I'm not at a wedding for the food, that' a bonus. The bride and groom should pick whatever they want.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@beckyb1012 . I got married in 1982.  It could be a regional thing.

Possibly could be I got married 12/31/81 and we only did cake and champagne @haddon9.  Spent the rest on cruise and came back to a brand new home.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."