Valued Contributor

I'm very, very sorry to hear about the loss of your son.  I can't imagine going through anything so horrible.  Most of us would do anything for our children or grandchildren.   I think you'd do the same if he was still with you.  No matter how practical one is, it goes out the window when it comes to helping our kids.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Carol Diane wrote:

@Kachina624 , just curious....do you have children and if you do, are you close to them?

@Carol Diane    My son died in 2006 at age 37.  

@Kachina624  Oh, your heart.  I'm so very sorry.  If you are a hug person, I'm sending many your way.  If you aren't a hug person, ummm, let them float on by.  Smile.  Again, my empathy.

Honored Contributor

I'm truly sorry for your loss @Kachina624 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@homedecor1    I can only imagine this is a very difficult time for your and your DIL's families.  With the rules on assembling in groups (no more than 10 here), I don't know how they'd even plan a funeral.  My sympathy.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

after looking for 8 days I found two small, tiny 4 pack rolls in dollar general. (The old regular rolls, before double, triple, mega rolls) which those sizes were all gone and no where to be found.  I also picked up a few packages of baby wipes.  I had some stock, it was getting low.  My household has 2 people.   Not everyone has the space for several multi sams/Costco size packages.  I usually buy a sams size package.    Some don’t have the funds.  I do, but some don’t.  I don’t want to go to stores now every day with trying to limit social distancing.  Some seniors lining up for early hours and still can’t get items.  

I’ve had enough of judgemental people.  Some people have 5+ people at home week two.  Some helping older family members get these items.  Using more TP using more food.   I guess some people have never wanted for anything or have ever been in need.  

Please show other kindness and patience to others. Especially now.  Learn from some of the wonderful stories we are hearing in the news.  Some of us still feel blessed.  We have food, we have an income.  

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

That is what love is about, some people must not have loved or been loved to not understand. 

I'm not so sure it's only about love, it's having compassion for your fellow human beings and lending a hand if you can. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  I'm so very sorry for your loss.   

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@homedecor1    I can only imagine this is a very difficult time for your and your DIL's families.  With the rules on assembling in groups (no more than 10 here), I don't know how they'd even plan a funeral.  My sympathy.

@Kachina624 

Thank you.  Even worse it's unknown when they can ... just sad☹️

My DIL demanded I do not come anywhere near there.  I think they will have private for family and later a nice memorial.  

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1    Under the circumstances, that's the sensible thing to do 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624    I’m sorry for the loss of your son.  I’m sure it is one of the worst feelings in the world to lose a child.  I don’t have children but feel for your loss.