Esteemed Contributor

At Least The Furnace Isn't Running.

It's a wee bit toasty but the furnace finally stopped running. It ran Memorial Day weekend.  We have had a lot of damp down right chiily days and nights so I will take this little heatwave. 

Even though it has been 90 for 3 days it has only been muggy/sticky late yesterday and today.  Cooler air temp tomorrow but still a high dew point.

DD just called on her way home and asked if I wanted a frozen coffee from Dunkin. Yep, medium hazelnut.  Good way to cool down.

Are you having a heatwave?  I miss having 4 separate and distinct seasons.

Trusted Contributor

Re: At Least The Furnace Isn't Running.

We have four beautiful seasons here.  Lately it's been partly sunny/partly cloudy. We had the driest April on records EVER with hardly any rain at all.

Honored Contributor

We cannot seem to get two decent days in a row..yesterday, sunny and warm, today, overcast and a little rain...very humid...rain off and on for the next week.

Esteemed Contributor

More than toasty in NYS - 3 days of 90 and over.  Had mini-mini rain at 4 lasted 4 minutes in my neighborhood.  Some got a little more.  Just wet the grass.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Today is the worst, I hate humidity and it looks like more of the same till the end of the week. I feel cheated because June is usually warm with low humidity.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

No records broken.....we haven't hit 110° yet

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

No, the furnace isn't running, but the air conditioning is going full force!  It's very hot and sticky.  The heat isn't so bad, but now that the humidity is here, it's terrible!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Today is the worst, I hate humidity and it looks like more of the same till the end of the week. I feel cheated because June is usually warm with low humidity.

@QVCkitty1    I have to agree...the humidity is awful.   My sister in law and I are not summer people. We count the days until those cool days of fall....🍁

Honored Contributor

I'm in the midwest and we're having a heat wave too.  We broke records for the coldest high temps over Memorial Day weekend. It then jumped to the 90s and we are breaking records for high temperatures.