Honored Contributor

I see a lot of gray/asphalt cars on the road.  It never crossed my mind they are not easily seen.

Honored Contributor

I don't know who the car companies are paying to decide the color choices, but they need to bring in all new people for that, IMO.

The limited color choices are mostly drab and boring, and all the cars look the same. And that's besides blending in with the pavement.

We need some exciting new car colors to brighten up the landscape!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Trusted Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@fordtruck wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Lots of roads are concrete, so the asphault color wouldn't matter.

What I find astonishing is that many cars don't have the auto lights.  At least running lights--even in daytime.  And lights that don't turn on when it's dusk --automatically.  

Those are the cars that are hard to see.

@Lucky CharmYes! You are right. That particular day I almost hit that car because I made a lane change put on my rt turn signal and looked over my shoulder and did not see him. When he blew his horn at me I was astonished and then he passed me.  But that color the asphalt grey made him invisible.  Never encountered anything like that before not to say it couldn't happen in another color.  

Or maybe it's too much work to use their turn signal while texting.

Obviously, those causing, or almost causing, accidents are those not texting. That’s illustrated in the above post.  

The fact someone says they ‘looked’ and STILL didn’t see a 2-ton motor vehicle beside them is...stunning.  And then blame it on the color is beyond logic.  That driver, who is visually and/or perceptionally impaired, needs to get off the road....now. 

LOL! @sidsmom like Lucky Charm said some cars do not automatically turn their lights on and this car was completely dark and was the same color as the road.  There is nothing wrong with my vision.  

Honored Contributor

@fordtruck wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@fordtruck wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

What I find astonishing is that many cars don't have the auto lights.  At least running lights--even in daytime.  And lights that don't turn on when it's dusk --automatically.  

@Lucky CharmYes! You are right. That particular day I almost hit that car because I made a lane change put on my rt turn signal and looked over my shoulder and did not see him. When he blew his horn at me I was astonished and then he passed me.  But that color the asphalt grey made him invisible.  Never encountered anything like that before not to say it couldn't happen in another color.  

Obviously, those causing, or almost causing, accidents are those not texting. That’s illustrated in the above post.  

The fact someone says they ‘looked’ and STILL didn’t see a 2-ton motor vehicle beside them is...stunning.  And then blame it on the color is beyond logic.  That driver, who is visually and/or perceptionally impaired, needs to get off the road....now. 

LOL! @sidsmom like Lucky Charm said some cars do not automatically turn their lights on and this car was completely dark and was the same color as the road.  There is nothing wrong with my vision.  

Have a feeling it’s always gonna be sumthin’.

Always someone else’s fault. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

Mine looks like this so don't hit me either. It's suppose to be Dark Metallic Gray.

Image result for 2012 toyota avalon dark metallic gray

That's the color of my Camry.  I love it.  Love the silver flakes that are in the paint.  Awesome color. 

My first Camry was in 1986 and I loved it.  Sadly someone else loved it too and stole it five years later!  I was so hooked on it that I bought another one, Camry or Corolla for me, always.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Trusted Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@fordtruck wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@fordtruck wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Have a feeling it’s always gonna be sumthin’.

Always someone else’s fault. 

@sidsmomone day not seeing an asphalt colored car might happen to you...I'll be here when you need to talk about it. Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Makes no sense to me.  When you look at a car on the road you see it among other cars and against a backddrop of many things other than an asphalt colored road.  Landscape, horizon, etc.  It's not one big asphalt setting.

You don't see a car because you aren't paying attention or your vision is impaired, either by poor vision or blind spots.  Not because it's gray.

Or maybe a car just comes up on you very fast.  

Honored Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

Image result for asphalt colored cars

I think if you can't see this car you have a problem.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@Lucky Charm, I’m not sure if I’m understanding what you’re saying. Do you think every driver, in all weathers and seasons, even sunny days, should always drive with running lights on?

If so...good luck with that. 

@Moonchilde

All 3 of our vehicles have lights that come on automatically as soon as you turn the key in the ignition.  Be it the 15+ year old vehicle or the 2017, either running lights and/or headlights come on even on a bright sunny day.

I thought that auto manufacturers were making it 'standard' for whatever reason (safety?).

What surprises me the most, is that headlights don't come on automatically at dusk.  I see people leaving shopping centers and driving down the road without any headlights on--pitch black out---late at night. 

Obviously, the parking lot or perhaps the street is lit up well with street lights, and they don't realize they don't have their headlights on.

You can be ticketed for driving at night without headlights.  

You can be ticketed for driving in rain without headlights on.  Or ticketed for driving through construction zones without headlights on.  Or ticketed driving through tunnels without headlights on.  

Different states have different laws.

I have no problem seeing cars in daytime/daylight without lights on.  The state I'm licensed in does check your vision when you renew your license as I'm sure most, if not all states do.  I do a lot of driving, even at night, and wouldn't if I didn't feel I could see clearly enough.

Valued Contributor

We bought a Subaru this summer, think the color is called Blue Pearl..love the shade of blue! Other vehicle is white.

we always notice so many white, silver, & grey cars on the highway!