Respected Contributor

We are shopping for a new car and 1 of the things on my list of deal breakers is it CAN NOT be asphalt gray.

You know that dark silver, charchoal gray color that is the EXACT same color as the road!

For safety reasons only this color is a No!  It is the disappearing car - especially at dawn, dusk, fog and rain.

I was talking with one of the dealership owners about this and after he studied his car lot and turned to me and said "you are right, it is a perfect match to asphalt.  You just ruined that color for me."  He agreed with my point about safety

Respected Contributor

Image result for asphalt colored cars

Honored Contributor

We chose this color for our new vehicles, please don't hit us.

Honored Contributor

Re: Asphalt colored cars

[ Edited ]

ITA!! My mother owned a dark gray car and I can't tell you how many people ran into her or nearly came close because they didn't see her. It's a very bad color to have for a car. I will never own that color just from what I've seen.

Warm colors are the safest colors to have on a car...they stand out. Why do you think taxi cabs and school busses are yellow?

Trusted Contributor

One of my cars is forest green. Maybe I shouldn’t drive through the mountains!

My other one is cherry red so that would be okay I guess.

Just teasing OP 😋

Honored Contributor

At least locally, light green is the worst color. We had a light green Mercury Cougar a few years back and it might as well have been invisible. Cars were constantly pulling out directly in front of us and seemed stunned when we'd hit the brakes or blow the horn. In a more rural setting anything green blends into the background and people just don't see you. It makes you a very defensive driver as you're constantly having to avoid people who don't see you.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

I love that color.  Lol

All of our cars are white though.   Go figure.  Lol

Trusted Contributor

I just bought a new car. While I was adamant about no grey or silver, I ended up with silver! I always swore that those idiots on the road during foggy weather who weren't using their foglights/headlights were driving grey or silver cars.

But my silver is very shiny and has lots of chrome trim/accents, so hopeully it sparkles enough with my foglights/headlights on that folks will see me! Of course in the bright sunshine that's not a problem...

Respected Contributor

I have that color and I love it on my new Camry.  I never had a problem with accidents, nor anybody seeing me at night driving or during the day.  I also don't have trouble at night seeing anybody driving a gray colored car.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Asphalt colored cars

[ Edited ]

Mine looks like this so don't hit me either. It's suppose to be Dark Metallic Gray.

Image result for 2012 toyota avalon dark metallic gray