Respected Contributor

It's not just that the asphalt-colored car could be more likely to be hit. If you don't see the car, you can be hit.

I was T-boned by a car I did not see until it was almost upon me. I asked the officer in the ER whether it was pavement-colored, because that's what I thought the hood looked like when it was 2 feet away from me, and he confirmed it was. My ruptured spleen and broken ribs healed, but I learned a lesson about car color. It does matter.

Esteemed Contributor

My Charger is Billet Silver with a hint of metallic , darker than silver but lighter than gray. When it’s time for a new car, will get another Charger in the dark gray. They do have a hint of metallic but only noticeable up close. All our cars and trucks are Dodge and some form of gray and we’ve never been hit while moving. My car hit twice in a parking lot. 

Honored Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl, I don't like that asphalt color either. I like white for myself.

Honored Contributor

Re: Asphalt colored cars

[ Edited ]

@qvcfreak wrote:

My Charger is Billet Silver with a hint of metallic , darker than silver but lighter than gray. When it’s time for a new car, will get another Charger in the dark gray. They do have a hint of metallic but only noticeable up close. All our cars and trucks are Dodge and some form of gray and we’ve never been hit while moving. My car hit twice in a parking lot. 

We also choose to own Dodges, we've had good resale value and mechanical reliability.  The salesman tried to sell us a Charger in Billet Silver that they had on the lot, but we preferred to order one in Titanium (dark gray).  Truck is the same color.

Respected Contributor

My mother had that lavender Cadillac sedan de ville.  We called it the Purple Dragon.   It was huge and fabulous, although I wouldn't have chosen that color.   

Honored Contributor

My favorite cars growing up were red or a deep green with a tan leather interior. As an adult, I LOVE black with tan interior. Sadly, that's rarely offered.

Currently looking a the Lexus line and fell in lust with their sport cars (no way am I buying them but wow) and the colors are just....POW! The blue, the silver, the red....basic shades but when you a the metallic/neon finish to them....they look jewels, they are SO gorgeous!1

I kinda like that grey, lol. Sorry!

Trusted Contributor

@SahmIam

Our dark green BMW has tan leather interior. Our red one has tan interior with black accents. My favorite combos.

Honored Contributor

@BirdieGal Yep. It appears that it's the upscale car lines that tend to offer this. The one I hate is black with black interior; talk about too much during the summer!! Yet it's the combo in Ford, GMC, Chevy SUV's and trucks and most mid-range cars. 

Honored Contributor

Oh what a silly color analogy for a car! I've never heard of anyone getting hit more because they drive a gray car! Really? I don't think so. A driver shouldn't even be on the road if they can't see another car because its a certain color. I've had numerous gray cars, my family members have had many gray cars and absolutely no one has ever been at risk because their car "matches the asphalt"! Unbelievable. 

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

@SahmIam

I would never get black interior. Gets much too hot here in the summer. Although I do have cooled and heated seats and steering wheel. But still...