Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

Mine looks like this so don't hit me either. It's suppose to be Dark Metallic Gray.

Image result for 2012 toyota avalon dark metallic gray

That's the color of my Camry.  I love it.  Love the silver flakes that are in the paint.  Awesome color. 

Honored Contributor

I'm not fond of what I call pewter as a car color, but it can be a handsome choice. I think what strikes me is how limited the color options are for cars these days. I recall back in the day, it seemed like every color imaginable was available. While there are, of course, a few exceptions, it now seems like black, red, blue, white and grey or silver are pretty much it.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Seems to me I heard that red cars are both cop magnets and moving targets because they stand out...

Respected Contributor

I don't have one, but that's one of my favorite colors for cars.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I'm not fond of what I call pewter as a car color, but it can be a handsome choice. I think what strikes me is how limited the color options are for cars these days. I recall back in the day, it seemed like every color imaginable was available. While there are, of course, a few exceptions, it now seems like black, red, blue, white and grey or silver are pretty much it.

I watched some of the Barrett-Jackson car auction from Las Vegas yesterday.  It is interesting to note that various stock colors available can be indicative of the year the car was built.  My favorite was the lavender Cadillac convertible with gray interior from the 1950's. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Asphalt colored cars

[ Edited ]

Dodge Demon/Challenger comes in a color called 'Plum Crazy' and it's out of this world! I love it. Only $99K.

images.jpg

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Seems to me I heard that red cars are both cop magnets and moving targets because they stand out...

I've heard certain brighter shades referred to as "Arrest Me Red".

Trusted Contributor

I have had three red cars, two a convertible 😱.

Never been arrested or even gotten a ticket.

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I watched some of the Barrett-Jackson car auction from Las Vegas yesterday.  It is interesting to note that various stock colors available can be indicative of the year the car was built.  My favorite was the lavender Cadillac convertible with gray interior from the 1950's. 

@deepwaterdotter Interesting and it makes sense. I can remember when pale yellow was a popular color and we haven't seen that on the road in years... Likewise, pale blue... A friend of mine has several books of cars through the years and it's interesting to see colors that have come and gone... At one time, it appears aqua was a big car color... as were two-tone cars...

Honored Contributor

My current car is gold tone, as was my previous car.  Love the color.  Most always looks clean (except when the birds target it!!!!)