Esteemed Contributor

Re: Asking once again for prayer for my sister

@jubilant  The care your sister is receiving plus loving family and prayers and rest sound like the very best medicine! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jubilant:  Your dear sister is receiving a double dose of pain right now; only a short time ago she lost her son and then this accident occured.  Praying not only for quick recovery for her but also that God will continue to comfort her and give her peace after the passing of her dear son.  I certainly understand that there are times when we are too overwhelmed to enjoy company.

Respected Contributor

@jubilant I read your first post and I'm at a loss for words...I'm happy she is better but I cannot imagine the pain she's enduring still...Just devastating. She is on my mind a lot. I'm so deeply sorry.Heart

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks so much everyone for thinking of my sister still.  She is making progress but it will take time.  They have taught her how to use a wheel chair and pivot on a walker. She still can have no weight on her leg and it will probably be a couple of months before she can.  They did xrays a few days ago and the doctor was happy with it. They also took the big wrap off her leg. 

She is not allowed to even try to leave her bed or chair or ever be on her walker alone or try to stand alone. She still needs pain meds to get through therapy. She has also lost total control of her bladder....a problem she didn't have before the fall. We are hoping it's just the pain medicine and not another injury.

She doesn't talk about the death of her son at all but I saw her crying for the first time in a while last week when he was mentioned.  She doesn't seem to want to talk about it so we are respecting that. Mom and I are there with her often during the days and her other two sons go after they get off work.  They are wheeling her down to eat with the other patients and she seems to be enjoying that.  She still needs all the prayers  she can get and she so appreciates knowing how many are praying and thinking of her.  She told me a few days ago that she "feels useless" ....something I have never heard my sister say...it is understandable, I think, considering the circumstances.   

Respected Contributor

@jubilant I'm sure your dear sister is struggling with horrible physical and emotional pain and depression.  She sounds like a very strong woman, who has had too much pain and heartbreak.  Your family is wonderful, and it's a blessing you have all gathered round her to help her through.

Sending more prayers.  There is light at the end of every tunnel, but when you are stuck in the middle of that dark tunnel it can be tough to remember that.  🙏🌷

Respected Contributor

@jubilant  I'm glad you were able to give us an update, I was wondering how your sister was doing.

It sounds like she is making slow progress.  Just remember as each day passes, she is continuing to heal and her body needs this time to heal properly.  Please remind her to do what the doctors have asked...to not put weight on her leg.   Every day that passes she is one day closer to a full recovery and going home. 

I will continue to pray for her mental and physical well being.   I can't even imagine what she has had to deal with these last few months.  

......You look like I need a drink.....