Honored Contributor

Asking once again for prayer for my sister

[ Edited ]

Many of you know that my sister's son died on Christmas Day by his own hand.  Many of you prayed and my mom even said she felt such strength to get through this...."like arms were wrapped around her".  We are a family who believes in prayer. We all held up extremely well at my nephews celebration of life.  It was an open house and the church served cookies, coffee,  and assorted drinks. We just know it is prayers that are getting us through.

A couple of days ago my sister took a really bad fall.  She is in the hospital.  Her leg is so messed up.  One of the main bones is broken and  splintered most of the way down her leg and her knee cap is a mess.  They operated. All sort of pins and plates. She is in a lot of pain.  The doctor says she is in for a long recovery.   She has been through so much with the death of her son and now this.  She could sure use some more prayers and good thoughts. Her name is Deb. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Asking once again for prayer for my sister

Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent for your dear sister.

Honored Contributor

Oh, my goodness, prayers for your sister Deb, for all she has suffered and is suffering, @jubilant , and for you the family who are supporting her.  So very sorry that this has befallen her and hoping for skill for her medical team and all who are surrounding her, physically, mentally and spiritually.

Honored Contributor

I will certainly pray for Deb and include her on my prayer chain.If I might  recommend a prayer, I would suggest St Augustine's ,Watch  O Lord ,you can find it on google by typing in these 3 words. I would copy it and take it to your sister. It is short, and I think very beautiful. It sums all all we need to ask for ,during our time in prayer

May God Bless her...You can tell her Fr Groschel who was a psychologist and a Franciscan priest said after one of his young charges took his own life .Depression is like a black tornado, and the people that do these things don't even understand what they are doing..I am sure he is with God

Respected Contributor

@jubilant ~ With all of my heart, I am offering prayers for your dear sister, her son and your family.  I pray God eases the pain in her heart and leg, and that all goes well with rehab.  What a loving

sister you are! ❤️

Esteemed Contributor

@jubilantSending prayers for Deb and your family that she has a full recovery.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Trusted Contributor

Absolutely, prayers for strength and recovery coming your way. 

Respected Contributor

Praying for Deb.

Honored Contributor

Prayers and hopefully sending angels.

See the source image

Esteemed Contributor

@jubilant, I was heartbroken when I read about the tragedy in your family on Christmas day and now, my heart is heavy again for your sister. I'm so sorry.Heart Your sweet sister, Deb will be in my prayers for comfort and compete healing.