Occasional Visitor

Asking about a HOST Missing

[ Edited ]

Hi, anyone know where Jackie went? I just noticed she has NOT been on for a long time, dont know how I missed it. Did she say she was leaving and a new job or said nothing, thank u

Honored Contributor

Re: Asking about a HOST Missing

I don't see Jackie or Jacque listed under Hosts on the Q home page.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

She left the Q.  It's been a little while.  

Edited.  She didn't say anything until her last day.  It doesn't sound like she has another gig.  She posts often on her Facebook page.

Esteemed Contributor

@BIRKENBAUMERwrote:

Hi, anyone know where Jackie went? I just noticed she has NOT been on for a long time, dont know how I missed it. Did she say she was leaving and a new job or said nothing, thank u

@Hello @BIRKENBAUMER  Smiley Happy

Little do I know of actuality...but knew who Jacque was, though. 

I do remember this much, I had a day to relax, have some coffee very early in the afternoon one day in July ( I believe w/o checking my calendar), and saw her doing a bed sale .

She was explaining the bed's support, along with the vendor's contribution. Some male vendor.

'She appeared to me as _ usual_ day, like any other, smiling'.

Maybe they all have to do that enthusiatic Wow?

Then by {{maybe}} three days later, I had heard she had just left, so I surmise she did, after the show or day.

Usually a bed special is on many tmes a days, and I did not see her on the 2nd hour, nor the 3rd hour.

Other items

"I know it was around 12 noon. It seems she did the INTRO that the station has for TSV on at noon, also". Certainly wasn't the night before or the 1st show in the early 8am or 9am a.m. morning.

I did not see her at any other times, or if the bed advertisement was in her 1st or last 3 hour- ONE host show of different products. Yes, in 2017/ mid year.

If she had plans leaving --- far from me to have heard anything.

What little actual TV qvc I ever watch, I heard nothing later on, she explaining product/bed mattress. 

Then inquiries of she's not on   (??)

...could have been several days to a week.

I thought she was very professional, appeared to be very bubbly as she stretched out 1/3 of her body smiling. I never saw again.

I heard no good bye, nor, ' I will not be here later'.

I even remember her very 1st show.

She had glasses on, and was doing some behind the counter show while standing up. Very shy and quiet.

Trusted Contributor

She also had a beauty hour her last day and that show was her normal self, too. It's almost as if something happened after her day was done that she either walked out or fired, but doubt it was the latter--anyone know?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning All! I always liked Jackie, thought she was so pretty & professional, yet down to earth. I really miss her. I noticed about 3 wks ago that I hadn't seen her in awhile. I wonder what really went on behind closed doors??? Hope she is fine & very happy!Cat Happy  (PS: I am not sure how she spells her name?)

Esteemed Contributor

She's been gone longer than last July.   I remember a post on here that there was something about her having some kind of PTSD due to some incident??   I guess she had put it on her facebook back then.  I am not on facebook so I cannot elaborate.  She did, however leave suddenly.  I agree, she is surely missed by many.  She was fantastic with Bob Mackie.  Hope she is doing well.

Honored Contributor

She left in May, 2017.  All of a sudden after her last show, there was a short statement from her that it was her last day. 

Same thing happened with Albany Irvin.  

Respected Contributor

I am not sure about either of these hosts but I think they all have contracts...some are renewed some are not. Sometimes the offer is not as much money as you might want, etc. They might have agents also.

I don't think it is so easy to 'fire' anyone unless there has been misconduct.

I am sure there are clauses in the contract about no bad mouthing the organization or 'kiss and tell' stuff. I learned all this when having dinner with a news person.

Trusted Contributor

She was out sick for a long time before she left. I have no idea, but seems she might have come up against some medical conditions that prevent her from working the amount of hours they want her to.

Just a guess because she had mentioned she was super low in Vitamin D, and other things. Maybe she just cant work full time, crazy hours now?

She is online a lot, so maybe she is just taking a work break and enjoying her family.