Trusted Contributor

Re: Ask Me No Questions and I Tell You No Lies

@dooBdoo Hi dear friend! I LOVE your quotes...wonderful reminders. Is not always about being "right" or having to stand ones own ground.....and I also love the one about the art of tact and not making an enemy just to get ones point across. Beautiful. By the way I miss you. How are you doing? Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you@Shanus@dex, and @Stormygirl!   

I miss you, too, @Stormygirl!   Hope you saw my post to you on the other thread (and that it made sense🙃).   On my way out the door, so I'll write more to you later.  Take care, you are precious!❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Questions like, "Do I look fat?"................??????    Would you really tell me?

Many years ago when I was in my 20's or 30's, a friend and I were looking at pics taken at an event with other friends. I looked at one pic of myself and said something like, "I didn't realize I looked like that. I could stand to lose a few lbs."

She said, "Yeah, the camera doesn't lie."

Gee thanks. lol

But, she was overweight so I'm sure she didn't mean anything by it. She was probably noticing how she looked in pics, too. It just sounded funny when she said that.

Trusted Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower HAAAA you made me giggle! LOL I had a friend say same thing once and a reply escaped my lips before I could think about it and it was something like "Pot call kettle black?" LOL I know was a no-no but you reminded me of my lil faux paux...giggle and turning red now. HAHAHA

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I found this forum to be a very good place when I was up against the wall about deciding  what to do with my mother when her dementia was to the point she needed more care than I was able to cope with

People were beyond kind when  I asked them for advice. They told me about their stories of coping and what they did

I never got any nasty remarks. One person questioned why I couldn't care for mom, myself ,and @Sooner stuck up for me and asked if she would be able to do everything  she thought I should be able to do. A baby stays where they are put, adults don't as a rule.Mom was hallucinating too. I will always be greatful to Sooner for that

It is hard enough trying to make a descision of this magnitude, with out people laying a guilt trip on you, when you already feel about as bad as you can

Honored Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower  she probably didn't mean anything hurtful by agreeing with you about the picture.I remember looking at a pic of myself and commenting to my young son that I always look terrible in pictures.He replied in his sweetest most concerned voice...no mom you don't look any different than you always do...haha

Trusted Contributor

@cherry big hugs to you. Is the beauty of these forums that there are those who "have our backs" so to speak. I know that must have been a terrible time for you and you are right. Noone feels as bad as we do at a time like that and we sure dont need any guilt trips or judgemental fingers pointed at us for that sort of delema when we are asking advice of those who were in same position. I miss you by the way! Hope you are doing well. Am glad I am able to post today (One of my better days) Again big huggles to ya!

Honored Contributor

@Stormygirl  I am so glad you had your trip and enjoyed yourself. People here really miss you and worry when you don't pop in to say hi...hugs to you

Honored Contributor

@Stormygirl wrote:

@Daisy Sunflower HAAAA you made me giggle! LOL I had a friend say same thing once and a reply escaped my lips before I could think about it and it was something like "Pot call kettle black?" LOL I know was a no-no but you reminded me of my lil faux paux...giggle and turning red now. HAHAHA

I had the same giggle thinking about a conversation years ago with my son.You had the perfect answer for your friend.I am happy that you are here to chat today.

Honored Contributor

LOL, IG!

Life without Mexican food is no life at all