Honored Contributor

Re: Ask Me No Questions and I Tell You No Lies

I remember that one, just not where it came from. 

Honored Contributor

This just goes on and on,thread posted because of another thread.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest wrote:

This just goes on and on,thread posted because of another thread.

Not one thread but several from this month alone, @goldensrbest on several forums. The threads have been mostly personal and asking advice about homes, children and finances. When some of the answers weren't to to the liking of the authors of theses threads, then a few complained about being bullied and bashed.

So my question is "Why start a thread asking advice if you're not able to handle the answers"?

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot. So if the forums are not a safe place, we should all expect a possible personal attack? Why would anyone want to post in a place where being shot down is the norm?

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal. We may all be guilty of getting heated at one time or another.

Esteemed Contributor

Be an encourager. The world has plenty of critics already. A wise person said once.  Maybe it is the way the "honest" answer was given. Self reflection if one is the common denominator might be needed.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

Could it be because a person is alone,and wants to talk to another human,to make contact with people?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Howdy friends. I had to think on this one (Constipated my brain cells LOL j/k) Anyway there is an art to communication either by written word or orally...there is the recipient and the comunicator and hopefully is a 2 way street. The word either witten or oral can be open to interpretation too. An opinion is just that...an opinion and not necesarily a fact and we never get the whole story...just a snippet.  When one asks for suggestions, poses questions, or opens a thread asking for an opinion......well I am reminded of an old saying "Opinions are like back ends, everyone has one" Hehehe! Also the thread opener must be open to those differing opinions by persons differing in background, life experiences, etc without feeling the need to "come back at" every single response. I remain open to changing my "opinion" based on those of of others based on realistic facts and artful discourse devoid of sarcasm, hurful comments and the "back n forth" which is not helpful. I admit I am not comfortable discussing some private family issues on these forumns yet I realize that like myself, some are also very isolated and may need validation........but one also needs to be aware of the old saying "No matter how thin we make a pancake there is still 2 sides to that pancake" LOL (something like that) Yes written word is an art and I try to proof read all of my responses before I hit the post button. I never want to intentionally hurt anyone here and hope I never have. "Telling it like it is" is not always helpful nor factual. After all I am not in the position of being family or BFF.....and especially not part part of the "situation" discused. Anyway I hope that made sense...clear as mud? haha

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest  From what I've gathered, some posters are not able to get out due to illness and may not have other human contact. If they reach out here for company, it doesn't feel right to meet them w/ contempt.

Honored Contributor

@ladyroxanne wrote:

ita with you, but i've seen posters not give just their opinion.  they go for the jugular. they go out of their way to question the o/p's honesty and motives.  they treat them shamefully.  they get a lot of pleasure out of tormenting others.

There's no doubt about that, it's always the same people too. If you feel it's necessary to give your opinion about a personal matter, that can be done once. Not necessary to do what you said, and to put a person on the witness stand. Unless you derive twisted pleasure from it. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"