Honored Contributor

Re: Ashleigh Banfield on CNN This Morning

@RazorSharp wrote:

@Frosted Cake wrote:

@Marp wrote:

I think those that are more focused on what a news person is wearing than what is being said are not really listening to the "news".

I'm listening to the news.   I used to work as a producer in a radio news talk station.  It has nothing to do with being jealous of successful women.   Women want to be judged by their brains.   We fight for years to be taken seriously and not be judged for our looks or figures and body parts.   There are a lot of women out there vying for anchor jobs who want to display something other than their curves.

@Frosted Cake Can you please explain how you could make this statement yet start a thread like this?  This seems to contradict the intention behind your original post.

It does make perfect sense to me, and no contradiction. 

Using sex, physical attractiveness, style of dress to be the first attention grabber, flies in the face of being judged on brains, talent, ability, education, experience etc. If some or all of the latter are strong, using the former shouldn't be necessary to succeed. 

QVC Customer Care

Valued Contributor

seriously how is NOT wanting to see cleavage in the workplace body shaming someone?

Its called professional dress code

I am so tired of hearing people say well if it makes her feel good about herself it shouldn;t matter

I feel good in lingerie I am pretty sure if I wore it to work showing they'd have a problem with it -yes sometimes things really are inappropirate for the enviroment 

Esteemed Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

I don't care for the low cut, short skirted look of many women anchors no do I care for the "loud" ties and rumpled shirts of male anchors.

If I'm really interested in the news story and what they have to say, I can look beyond what I'm seeing on screen.

For SOME, maybe turning the channel or turning off the telly would be a good idea?  Smiley Happy

@MyGirlsMom Sounds like a radio might be a good choice for you.

Hi @esmerelda, missed you! 

Only if it's satellite radio. Heart

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

You should see the local female anchors in Chicago ... every day, they all try to outdo each other on who can wear the tightest and/or lowest-cut dress.   I've all but given up watching any news channel ... local or national.   

Esteemed Contributor

@MyGirlsMom Where you been, girl?

@SoX I agree re: local news.  Animated faces, ad libbing, bad grammar/sentence structure, no preparation...they read the copy like it's the first time they've seen it!!!  At least my locals know how to dress...at least the ones I usually see (different from "watch").

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@SoX I agree re: local news.  Animated faces, ad libbing, bad grammar/sentence structure, no preparation...they read the copy like it's the first time they've seen it!!!  At least my locals know how to dress...at least the ones I usually see (different from "watch").

If I told you, you wouldn't believe me. Life is grand! 

Honored Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

She spent time in Las Vegas.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

Ms. Banfield was not "whipping them out."  She was dressed tastefully and professionally.  There's nothing wrong with showing a little cleavage in the workplace. Shaming each other about our bodies and clothing choices is not helpful.  

Most workplace dress codes would disagree with you --- including the school I work in.

Esteemed Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

She spent time in Las Vegas.

Wow is it hot there!  Blazing and too many night lights, all flash and no substance.