Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ashes Stolen From Porch !

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss your nephew and his wife have suffered @MoJoV and then to have a special statue stolen too. 

Hard to understand how some people can act they way they do.

Esteemed Contributor

This is a little off topic. When I was in a doctor's office a man said they stole his Cologard package that he was returning. I think the thief got what he deserved. Just shows how stupid these people are.  Some people are just scum.

Valued Contributor

Unfortunately a sign of our times. Stealing is rampant here in Illinois and all I can say

Is that I'm truly sorry to hear this. Wow. How hurtful to have the ashes swiped. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MoJoV wrote:

@threecees wrote:

This is so sad.

Rotten people steal anything and everything.

My nephew and his wife lost a newborn daughter last Spring.  He bought a  unicorn statue and put it on her grave..stolen from the grave. This is at a huge Catholic cemetery. No conscience for some people.

omg...Woman Mad

Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

This is a little off topic. When I was in a doctor's office a man said they stole his Cologard package that he was returning. I think the thief got what he deserved. Just shows how stupid these people are.  Some people are just scum.

LOL

Occasional Contributor

The root of the problem with "porch pirates" is the delivery person.

They throw packages and where ever it lands that's it. The proper placement is out of sight out of weather. Take an extra few seconds and place it behind something, turn a chair or pot around where the residence would notice it differently. Go to a side entrance or rear. These low lifes won't take an extra effort to hunt for something, only if it is out in the open. There is no customer service or integrity anywhere now.