Respected Contributor

As u age,is it more/less difficult to part w/ items?

Honored Contributor

Re: As u age,is it more/less difficult to part w/ items?

No, much easier.

Honored Contributor

That's an interesting question.

I'm not sure it has to do with age so much as life stages. Like what you are going through at the time.

I have already gotten rid of so many things thru the years.

What I have now is pretty much all the things that still mean a lot to me whether just enjoying them everyday, looking at them, wearing them.

I'm still pretty good at getting rid of things I won't use or don't like anymore or don't make me happy to look at them or read them.

And sometimes something that meant something to me even weeks ago, no longer does.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Valued Contributor

Much easier.

Honored Contributor

Much less difficult.  I don't need as many material objects to maintain my day-to-day existence as I used to.

Honored Contributor

Much easier.  

I have no desire to surrounded by clutter.  I keep the most important, meaningful things and get rid of what I do not want. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

These days, I lean really close to minimalism.  While some material possessions hold great meaning to me and I wouldn't part with them ever, I don't feel like that about many things at all. 

I am a world class de-clutterer.  I just don't let material things hold that much power, for lack of a better word, over me.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Easier if it is connected to me only.   Items that came from late mom, dad, sister, and late brother I just cannot part with.  My son and dil know there are things some even broken in a box under my bed that they will have to throw away.  I just cannot throw something connected them in the trash.  If it mine out it goes.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Easier especially if it's something that gets moved from place to place or was put away years ago and never looked at again or touched again.

I also remind myself I get to make the decision of what to do with it so our daughter doesn't have to do it.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Much easier...I have been purging for months. Get rid of all the junk. Make life simpler with less STUFF. Woman Happy