Esteemed Contributor

As The Song Goes, If I Only Had A Brain!

DD changed the clocks at 6:00 am, incuding the stove and the microwave.

It has been dark and dreary all day and at 4:30 I looked at the living room clock, buzzed her upstairs and asked if she wanted me to start the chicken for supper.

I got, "Mom, it is only 3:30. I didn't change the clock in the living room, I got sidetracked by the cats yelling to be fed and forgot. My bad."

Mind you, I have a clock in the bottom corner of the computer, which is on my lap.

It's going to be a long winter.  lol

Trusted Contributor

Re: As The Song Goes, If I Only Had A Brain!

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

It has been dark and dreary all day and at 4:30 I looked at the living room clock, buzzed her upstairs and asked if she wanted me to start the chicken for supper.

I got, "Mom, it is only 3:30. I didn't change the clock in the living room, I got sidetracked by the cats yelling to be fed and forgot. My bad."

Mind you, I have a clock in the bottom corner of the computer, which is on my lap.

@CrazyKittyLvr2    I had to laugh about the cats.  My neighbor and I feed 2 stray cats that come to our doors at 6 am sharp every morning.  Since I was an hour late getting their food out because of the time change...they were NOT happy at all.  Lots of yelling here too.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Mombo1   Our outside crew are waiting by the door at 6am for breakfast and 6pm for their dinner.  They are always on time.

We have their cold weather digs all ready. 

In cold weather DD gets cat milk and mixes in a litttle warm water so that have something warm on their stomaches. That and their food makes them happy cats.

Valued Contributor

I'm glad it's not just my household that had a "duh" moment. I changed ALL of ours, but did an hour forward. I've spent my entire life knowing "spring forward/fall back". Yet I didn't make the connection; I guess I couldn't handle 1 more hour of this year!

Honored Contributor

Four clocks to change, I have one looking at me in the living room, on display at the entrance hallway, microwave and a decorative clock in the kitchen.

Cell phones and Alexa devices change by themselves

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

Just take a moment to stand in awe.  I remembered the car today.  Of course now November won't be as interesting....

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@Mombo1   Our outside crew are waiting by the door at 6am for breakfast and 6pm for their dinner.  They are always on time.

We have their cold weather digs all ready. 

In cold weather DD gets cat milk and mixes in a litttle warm water so that have something warm on their stomaches. That and their food makes them happy cats.

@CrazyKittyLvr2   That is a good idea about the milk and warm water...especially with the cooler weather coming.    Today I put out a bowl and it was gone in no time...so I'm sure they will remember that it is an "addition" to their food.  These cats are so darn sweet and I can't imagine not feeding them.  My neighbor built a box for them to sleep in...so between the two of us we are providing "bed and breakfast" for Lois and Sox.   Yes...the neighbor named them.  🤗

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

That is what I like about Arizona. We do not change our clocks to save daylight.Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@RealtyGal2   While I dislike it getting dark at 5:00pm, I would dislike living in an oven several months of the year. Extreme heat, dry or not is not my friend at my age.  lol

Respected Contributor

My car changed the clock automatically weeks ago.  At least I won't have that moment of confusion every time I get in my car.

Yesterday when I woke up I sat on the bed watching TV a little while. The DVR changes automatically, of course, so when I went downstairs I was shocked how long (I thought) I was sitting there lol