Respected Contributor

Re: Article in Today's Philadelphia Inquirer

Sorry Mr QVC I am still spending money but only a fraction with you.  Why?  Because i have enough of what you are selling.   Diversify your product line, train your hosts to discuss the products truthfully and reduce your prices.  

Trusted Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

I don't think this has been posted yet; if so, I apologize.  It's about QVC's business.  Contains nothing we don't already know but I thought some would be interested.

http://www.philly.com/philly/business/Not-your-parents-QVC.html

Thanks for this article.  A large number of QVC purchasers are aging out, me being one of them.  I find since I retired I have less of a need for so many "things."  I still order from QVC, but I find myself ordering from other sites that offer free and faster shipping.  You can't beat Amazon for getting products delivered lickety split. 

Younger people are used to many choices and they're going to go with the fastest, most reasonably priced and what fits their lifestyle. 

Honored Contributor

QVC wouldn't have the problems with sales that they do if they just forgot the easy pay and gave the customer free S&H and returns.

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I got a good laugh when asked why they think sales are dropping they said things like the election and world events like terrorism have people distracted. No thought at all that it may be the totally dull and repetitive and overpriced products. This company is totally missing the mark.

Even it they knew this to be true, do you think they would actually say it in an interview?

Honored Contributor

@steviebI definitely do -  but I've never used QVC as a clothes source - somewhere under 5% of my wardrobe and the the rest of that wardrobe is brick and mortar.  Also, my major jewelry expenses haven't been QVC in very many years - and I quit buying jewelry almost totallyalmost 5 years ago.

Further, I might spend $30 in a year for color cosmetics, so I'm out there, too.  My shopping habits are undoubtedly the reason I also watch very little and just show up here. 

And now that I know they're following social media closely, I'll be sure to keep reminding them that there are some of us who shop totally differently from those who want new, new, and more new and inexpensive or dressy or what I just no longer want.

I have no idea what the average QVC customer spends but I did see a recent Amazon number and I spend more than that at QVC, so even though I've disciplined my spending, I suspect QVC can't ignore shoppers like me.  We're never an "only" when it comes to the big companies.

Honored Contributor

Actually I used to sit and mindlessly watch QVC and sometimes buy something. Now I come and mindlessly read this board instead, and buy nothing. Better for me - not good for QVC.

Honored Contributor

"professionally staffed hair and makeup studios and dressing rooms where hosts and guests get their look together, wearing available-for-sale merch as much as possible."

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

If they asked me what the biggest problems are I'ed say, for me anyway,  it's the sizing, it used to be they had their own sizing and when you figured out what it was you were golden. Now the clothing venders don't have to comply to their specifications so sizing is all over the place and three quarters of the time when you follow the size charts, that they give you, there wrong.  It's a royal pain and also SO exspensive.  After a while you just say forget it, I just can't take the chance.  They need to go back and follow what was done when they first started, with the clothing line anyway.   It needs to be more consistent !   As far as the host go stop with all the foolish fooling around and the "I'm your girl friend routines", they arent and it's not cute - it's just plain silly.   

Trusted Contributor

I've been with QVC since 1993 - I have boatloads of merchandise from them.  I basically stopped purchasing when I would see program after program with a small handful of vendors.

In my opinion, if you have every color of a pant or top, most know you aren't buying many more.  If it's a product I'm not interested in, I'm not buying no matter how many shows they do.

As we get closer and closer to retirement, our priorities have narrowed.  We concentrate on how our $$ will go toward relaxing, traveling, grandchildren etc.  Those are the things I care about; I could care less if I have the latest purse, outfit, makeup.  It has nothing to do with how much $$ we want to spend, but where and how we want to spend it.

For us, worldly affairs and elections have nothing to do with shopping.  I think that reason is used for most anything these days, it's much harder to take responsibility - personally or in business.

Respected Contributor

This article seems almost like paid advertisement. Just an attempt to generate buzz where there really is none at the prsent time.