Super Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Article - Why Is Everyone on the Internet So Angry

Just an FYI --

About 3/4 of the way down the first page of Viewpoints is another thread entitled, Angry people of the Internet nowadays, Why?

On post #59, I copied and pasted most of the above-referenced article, with an accompanying link to the article.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. -- Oscar Wilde
Super Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.confused1} Because everyone thinks that their opinion is the "right" one and the only one with merit.

Because people treat others badly, that have differing views from them, call them bad names and insult their intelligence.

Because people are tired of being told what to think, what to believe, what to say and how to act.

Super Contributor

On 3/18/2015 SuiGeneris said:

Just an FYI --

About 3/4 of the way down the first page of Viewpoints is another thread entitled, Angry people of the Internet nowadays, Why?

On post #59, I copied and pasted most of the above-referenced article, with an accompanying link to the article.

Thank you and sorry for repeating. {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Super Contributor

On 3/18/2015 imaclotheshog said:

{#emotions_dlg.confused1} Because everyone thinks that their opinion is the "right" one and the only one with merit.

Because people treat others badly, that have differing views from them, call them bad names and insult their intelligence.

Because people are tired of being told what to think, what to believe, what to say and how to act.

But why lash out on the internet? I think finding one's inner peace goes so much further. Lashing out does not achieve catharsis, as many a study has found.

Trusted Contributor

...because they can be and are anonymous. The true personality comes out. That's my theory.

Esteemed Contributor

Because miserableness and hatefulness is embraced by the miserable and hateful ?

Honored Contributor

Because there is no accountability, and they can. I don't know how some people live with themselves. Thank God, there are more kind people than not

Honored Contributor

There are no rule books anymore. It's each man for himself with little regard or respect for their fellow man. Whatever happened to ""treat others as you want to be treated""? We are all our own little gods.

Honored Contributor

On 3/19/2015 jubilant said:

There are no rule books anymore. It's each man for himself with little regard or respect for their fellow man. Whatever happened to "treat others as you want to be treated"? We are all our own little gods.

I so agree, jubilant. If people (or their loved ones) were on the receiving end of some of the angry things they dish out, I have to believe they wouldn't be at all happy with the "disher." But then, self-awareness -- the ability to actually see how we're treating others -- seems to be a rare commodity these days. I wonder why it's so hard for us.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova