Honored Contributor

Art that looks like photography

There is a a style of drawing/painting is called extreme realism.  It's art work that looks like photography.  What do you think of it?  Would you buy a painting in this style?

Pencil Drawing By Diego Fazio

Oil Painting By Yigal Ozeri

Oil Paintings By Robin Eley

Oil Painting By Scott Fraser

Acrylic Painting By Jason De Graaf

This last one is my favorite.

Honored Contributor

Re: Art that looks like photography

By art are you talking drawing, painting, or computer generated "art"?

It isn't something I would buy or be interested in, but the medium used is of interest to me. 

Honored Contributor

I think if you want that sort of realism, you should take a photo and don't waste an artist's time. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

By art are you talking drawing, painting, or computer generated "art"?

It isn't something I would buy or be interested in, but the medium used is of interest to me. 

NOT computer generated.  These are actual drawings/paintings by artists.  Computer generated is separate.

Super Contributor

No, I would not buy it. I like art that uses paint and shows texture/shading/color dimension. These are clever but look too realistic. I want to use my imagination more when I look at a piece of art. That being said, if these speak to you and you would enjoy looking at it, then they are for you! There is no right or wrong opinion when it comes to something so personal as art appreciation.
Respected Contributor

I like it! The artist are very talented.

I would love this one in the kitchen.

Beautiful!

For the dining room!

Esteemed Contributor

The glass w/ orange slices looks refreshing. I like to place one decor 'surprise' in each room. Certainly a conversation piece.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

I was under the impression this type of art is called hyper realism. Anyway, I tend to like the artwork to be scenes or flowers. I like the vivid colors used.

Honored Contributor

No, I don't care for it and would probably not buy it. I also would almost never display a photograph as art, though I, of course, realize that photographs can be artistic.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

NO NO NO NO....
Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”