Respected Contributor

008.JPGI love creating things.  Pictured is an old window I found at a junk store (their prices were so high, but I got them down to $20 for this). It is so dirty you couldn't even see the glass.  It still has the handle and latch on the side.  In the coming weeks, I plan on stripping it down, painting it a bright blue, and then drilling holes and inserting miscellanous knobs (photo below, although I have to get many more) around the perimeter.  I will be hanging it outside in an area outside my walk-out basement.  I will post pictures as the project progresses

006.JPG

Honored Contributor

I love your idea.I want to see it finished and hung for sure.I have no imagination and if I had that frame in my garage I would probably have thrown it out...no not probably but definitely.

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoy creativity.  Maybe you will also post on Pinterest. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

I bet it's going to look great, @hoosieroriginal.  I'm just getting into the whole repurposing/painting furniture thing.  Have all my supplies and will actually start my first pieces later this week (a dresser and chest of drawers).  I'm so excited.  My plan was to replace all the hardware with random knobs and handles, but I wasn't so sure DH would go for that so I decided to keep the same handles and just replace the knobs with something a little more stylish, but still in the same brass tone, as what's already on there...a happy medium I guess.  Hobby Lobby had them 50% off yesterday.  I also have a desk, chair, and pie safe waiting in the wings.  I'm really looking forward to working on these and excited about the anticipated outcome.  Keep your fingers crossed for me.  

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I bet it's going to look great, @hoosieroriginal.  I'm just getting into the whole repurposing/painting furniture thing.  Have all my supplies and will actually start my first pieces later this week (a dresser and chest of drawers).  I'm so excited.  My plan was to replace all the hardware with random knobs and handles, but I wasn't so sure DH would go for that so I decided to keep the same handles and just replace the knobs with something a little more stylish, but still in the same brass tone, as what's already on there...a happy medium I guess.  Hobby Lobby had them 50% off yesterday.  I also have a desk, chair, and pie safe waiting in the wings.  I'm really looking forward to working on these and excited about the anticipated outcome.  Keep your fingers crossed for me.  

@JeanLouiseFinch - I think all different knobs would look great -  HL is where I got these knobs - have to get a few more.  It's so rewarding looking at items you have refinished yourself. 

Honored Contributor

I'm not very artsy but I do have several pieces of furniture I have saved from someones trash pile and given a new life in my home. I recently inherited a misson style old rocker that will need some love when we get home in the fall. I absolutely adore giving something no one else could love a new life in my eclectic home. I hate to see useful things thrown away. 

For my home I do not like the shabby look - I know many of you pull it off beautifully but that isn't for me , so I like to take something back to it's original beauty.

Respected Contributor

@hoosieroriginal  Love this!  Like other posters, can't wait to see the finished piece!  I also noticed the HL yellow sale tags on the knobs...a bargain gal after my own heart!Cat Very Happy

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

Bright blue ... turquoise, greens (which your knobs are), pinks would be adorable with this. Even in pastels.  Either direction will be cute.  Love your idea.  Looking forward to seeing what "wild" creation you get.  It will be awesome ... and yours!

I've got DH working on a wind chime right now.  With beer bottles ... the metal ones.  He thought I was nuts ... which I am ... but, he is having fun trying to figure out my idea and how to get it together.  LOL

The strangest things can come from the strangest ideas.  Gotta' love it.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

@Preds - The frame will be turquoise - the knobs mostly green and blue.  Have most of the frame painted  - have to get to hardware store to figure out how I'm going to attach knobs since the frame is so thick. 

Respected Contributor

@Preds wrote:

Bright blue ... turquoise, greens (which your knobs are), pinks would be adorable with this. Even in pastels.  Either direction will be cute.  Love your idea.  Looking forward to seeing what "wild" creation you get.  It will be awesome ... and yours!

I've got DH working on a wind chime right now.  With beer bottles ... the metal ones.  He thought I was nuts ... which I am ... but, he is having fun trying to figure out my idea and how to get it together.  LOL

The strangest things can come from the strangest ideas.  Gotta' love it.

@Preds - here's the frame painted:

009.JPG