Esteemed Contributor

@Ketra wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

poor man doesn't want to hurt his image if the guy turns out to be 

mentally challenged, then, that would hurt Arnold's celebrity.

When Liam Neeson opened his mouth about an incident it tanked his

'Cold Pursuit' movie it went straight to DVD.

@SharkE Just another example of a mentality held by many in this country that puts criminals rights and feelings ahead of victims. When a celebrity is attacked and feels they can’t press charges because it may affect tickets sales for their movie, our country is in a sad state. If the perpetrator was indeed mentally challenged they would be referred for the help they obviously need. Now, the guy goes free and may kill someone. I see no common sense or logic in decisions like this. I hope our judicial system start enforcing the rule of law once again and victims rights become the priority. MAKE AMERICA SANE AGAIN!

@Ketra 

The incident took place in South Africa, and not in America.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Trusted Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Ketra wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@SharkE Just another example of a mentality held by many in this country that puts criminals rights and feelings ahead of victims. When a celebrity is attacked and feels they can’t press charges because it may affect tickets sales for their movie, our country is in a sad state. If the perpetrator was indeed mentally challenged they would be referred for the help they obviously need. Now, the guy goes free and may kill someone. I see no common sense or logic in decisions like this. I hope our judicial system start enforcing the rule of law once again and victims rights become the priority. MAKE AMERICA SANE AGAIN!

@Ketra The incident took place in South Africa, and not in America.

@Anonymous032819  My explanation still stands. He didn’t press charges because of American fans that may not buy tickets to his movie. Liam Neeson’s movie tanked because he complained about an incident. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger

[ Edited ]

That looked like a premediated assault.  It could have caused severe injuries.  IMHO, the authorities should look into pressing charges OR (if warranted) having the assailant treated for mental illness.

It is irrelvant whether or not I like the victim. 

Do the math.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ketra wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@Ketra, I think you are making way too much out of a poster's off-the-cuff remark that is mere speculation as to Arnold's reasoning.

And I am sane -- most of the time. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Ketra wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@Ketra, I think you are making way too much out of a poster's off-the-cuff remark that is mere speculation as to Arnold's reasoning.

@suzyQ3  If you read the complete thread you would know the perpetrator had a history of acting out in a violent way. By Arnold Schwarzenegger not pressing charges, he’s allowed a person with a violent history to once again go free. If the guy kills or hurts someone next time it’s on Arnold’s head. The actor has a big movie coming out, and didn’t want to make any waves fearing if he did it might tank his new picture. I could see not pressing charges if the perp was a first time offender. But to let some repeat offender, possibly mentally ill, off the hook is putting others in danger.  Makes no sense to do that except if you’re looking out only for your own interest. 

Honored Contributor

@Ketra wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Ketra wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@suzyQ3  If you read the complete thread you would know the perpetrator had a history of acting out in a violent way. By Arnold Schwarzenegger not pressing charges, he’s allowed a person with a violent history to once again go free. If the guy kills or hurts someone next time it’s on Arnold’s head. The actor has a big movie coming out, and didn’t want to make any waves fearing if he did it might tank his new picture. I could see not pressing charges if the perp was a first time offender. But to let some repeat offender, possibly mentally ill, off the hook is putting others in danger.  Makes no sense to do that except if you’re looking out only for your own interest. 

@Ketra, I was aware that this was not a first for the perpetrator. But I don't know the reason that Arnold doesn't want to press charges.

The authorities could charge him, but they haven't.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@Ketra wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Ketra wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@Ketra The incident took place in South Africa, and not in America.

@Anonymous032819  My explanation still stands. He didn’t press charges because of American fans that may not buy tickets to his movie. Liam Neeson’s movie tanked because he complained about an incident. 

And you know this how?

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Ketra wrote:

Do you know what Liam Neeson said? I do. Nor do I believe Arnold didn't press charges because American fans may not buy tickets to his movie. 

Honored Contributor

Here is Arnold Schwarzeneggar's tweet on pressing charges.  I do not see any mention of ticket sales factoring into his decision.

"A lot of you have asked, but I’m not pressing charges." "I hope this was a wake-up call, and he gets his life on the right track. But I’m moving on and I’d rather focus on the thousands of great athletes I met at @ArnoldSports Africa."