Trusted Contributor

Re: Ariana Grande vs. Forever 21 Lawsuit

It would be great if she donated the money won to a cause, like Dorians victims.

Or maybe just donated money anyway, without a ridiculous lawsuit.

Honored Contributor

I’m not seeing the resemblance. 

Honored Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

Isn’t she the one who was pictured licking the cupcakes on a bakery counter...about a year ago ?

I think it was donuts?  But yes, it was caught on video, along with her remarks about hating America. 

Honored Contributor

How arrogant and self-indulged.

Honored Contributor

I hadn't heard anything on this, so I googled the full story.  I think she has a valid claim.

Valued Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

I hadn't heard anything on this, so I googled the full story.  I think she has a valid claim.

@GCR18  I don’t know anything about these kind of laws, but I do think that her best argument is that they were working on a deal for her to be the face of the company and when the deal fell through and they hired a model who was the same type as her, it made the company look vindictive and sloppy. The company could argue that they didn’t use her image, and they knew they wanted to use a young Latinx woman in their next campaign regardless of whether or not it was Grande.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't care and I don't know why it was even on the news.  I don't think there's a person in this world other than her who  gives a flying fig about that...or her.  She has lawyers, they'll handle.  I hope she loses because that girl doesn't look like her.

Honored Contributor

Good luck with that lawsuit.  LOL

Honored Contributor

I saw this "drama" yesterday and it reminded me of the licking she did.  I wonder if that is why some other people have been doing same lately with ice cream? 

Isn't Forever 21 the company recently in the news for sending diet bars to customers who ordered Plus Size clothing from them?  Most customers were shocked, outraged and hurt finding the unordered diet food.  Do not blame them one bit.  Not a fan of the company or the artist for that matter.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

If you read the details of the lawsuit, it is apparent that she has a good case.

Forever 21 used her music videos,her lyrics and her image  and hired a young look alike to dress and pose like Ariana in their ads.  They were asked in February to take the ads down and didn't.

They did all of this after negotiations to use the singer failed because they would not pay her asking price.  This is gonna cost Forever 21 dearly.