Honored Contributor

Re: 💛Ariana Grande: Benefit Concert 💛

You could see she was devastated.  Who wouldn't be.  Great she is able to help.

Honored Contributor

@Maudelyn wrote:

@GSPgirl She was a victim herself, probably in no shape to console others. I have a feeling that she could have tackled the terrorist and that still wouldn't be good enough for some.

@Maudelyn  ITA! 

Although it doesn't surprise me to see some questioning WHY AG will be giving a benefit concert.

What, pray tell, have those naysayers done not only during this tragedy but during any other tragedy-be it weather related, terrorism, or just plain everyday donations to someplace such as a food bank???

*sigh*

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

100% percent of the proceeds from this benefit concert goes to the victims and their families. Kudos for that.

She's young and had no idea how to respond to such a traumatic event and I'm not sure that many of us here would've known how to react to a horrible situation like that  either.

I wouldn't be surprised if she also visits survivors in hospitals while she's there for this concert.

I think her initial response to return to the US (safe ground) was a natural 'fight or flight' response and I can't blame her for that.

Our most basic instinct is to survive.

And I don't feel this way because I'm a fan, I've never even heard any of her music.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

RIP, dear victims and sending wishes for complete recoveries to the injured.  Nice of AG, too. ...............In general: ( Now-a-days, I'm not crazy about any crowds in general, anywhere or any place.  No matter who, what, why, etc.  I'm sure glad that TV is available.  Easy and comfortable to watch almost anything on TV without having to attend.  I enjoy watching golf tournaments via TV; much better than actually being there, following a golfer around or sitting in the hot sun on bleachers.  Been there; done that. ) 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

She is a victim. Totally. However the business requires damage control. If you have not been on social media , she got hammered. Not for the donut licking but for her remarks at the time. She has also been hammered for leaving the UK and landing in Florida in full makeup the next morning. If she can grow from this and do good then she deserves to try.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

She is a victim. Totally. However the business requires damage control. If you have not been on social media , she got hammered. Not for the donut licking but for her remarks at the time. She has also been hammered for leaving the UK and landing in Florida in full makeup the next morning. If she can grow from this and do good then she deserves to try.

I saw no "full makeup."  She still had on her extra long eye lashes but that's it.  Google the pics @Nancy Drew and you could see for yourself.  She was so sad and looked drained.....

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Nancy Drew wrote:

I saw no "full makeup."  She still had on her extra long eye lashes but that's it.  Google the pics @Nancy Drew and you could see for yourself.  She was so sad and looked drained.....

I saw the pictures on People FB. I could not tell one way or another. It was in the comments section where she got hammered for the full make up. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

Image result for Ariana Grande returning to US

@Nancy Drew

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't know what people expect from this young lady.  It was HER concert.  SMH. @Nancy Drew

*Call Tyrone*
Respected Contributor

i have to offer up a special commendation to AG and Justin B and all who will perform tonight after the horrible terrorist attack in London last night.  along with that i am offering up special prayers for the security forces on duty.  may all go smoothly -  glad all the proceeds go to the victims of the Manchester bombing attack. i hear it is a sell-out and 50,000 are expected to show up.  egads.