Esteemed Contributor

Re: Aretha Franklin,,,wow what a send off

@bathina   ...

As we both know ... it's more than a funeral, it's a celebration of her life ... it could go on all day, as far as I'm concerned.  

It's done all the time, albeit on smaller scale,  all over the African American community ...

I would never denegrate other religions or cultures for their beliefs and practices. 

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Fox News just reported that Buckingham Palace has just honored Aretha Franklin, with the Welsh Guards band playing "Respect".

There's no doubt that her music is loved and respected around the world, and she is recognized for the magnificent, unique artist that she was.  Nice to contemplate all the richly deserved tributes.

That's pretty cool.  I wonder if the  Welsh Guards do this often - a musical tribute to a performer who's passed.  It's kind of a Muzak version of the song but I'm loving that they did it.  Here's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s66grYJ5DDs

Honored Contributor

Aretha Franklin left an estate of at least $80 million. If she wanted to spend $1 million or all of it on her farewell service it is not my place to judge. No one asked me for a contribution and I doubt any of you were asked either so let it go. If you're watching as I am, you can see that she was loved by many. Equally important, she  was RESPECTED.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Respected Contributor

Love you @SoX! Xo

Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

@bathina   ...

As we both know ... it's more than a funeral, it's a celebration of her life ... it could go on all day, as far as I'm concerned.  

It's done all the time, albeit on smaller scale,  all over the African American community ...

I would never denegrate other religions or cultures for their beliefs and practices. 

But it's done everyday here cleverly disguised as an "opinion"!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

can’t anybody respect the dead anymore.  No wonder I love animals more than humans.  

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

@Oznell wrote:

Fox News just reported that Buckingham Palace has just honored Aretha Franklin, with the Welsh Guards band playing "Respect".

There's no doubt that her music is loved and respected around the world, and she is recognized for the magnificent, unique artist that she was.  Nice to contemplate all the richly deserved tributes.

That's pretty cool.  I wonder if the  Welsh Guards do this often - a musical tribute to a performer who's passed.  It's kind of a Muzak version of the song but I'm loving that they did it.  Here's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s66grYJ5DDs

That was great!  Thanks for posting this, @ValuSkr.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ah @JaneMarple  don't you recall the stink a certain party stirred when I innocently asked about seeing a new film,  I got accused of some Oprah conspiracy ,remember?  

I guess if you are acknowledged by the Queen of England, it doesn't get much more international than that

Honored Contributor

@SoX I agree with you and besides that her estate is paying for the celebration of life and not the tax payers.Her fans,friends and family want to give her their best as she gave to all of them...I think that is beautiful.

Honored Contributor

No greater show of love for a woman with the world singing, dancing, celebrating. loving.  Who is anyone to say what should and should not be happening?

I hope someday when I leave this planet that those I leave behind can be as joyful.

Sorrow doesn't have to be solemn, quiet, hidden.  It can manifest itself as joyful, hopeful, musical; embracing faith; mindful that somebody greater than us now has the extreme pleasure of her presence somewhere-whatever your belief.

Let it be.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh