Trusted Contributor

Re: Aretha Franklin,,,wow what a send off

@ValuSkr: Thank you for that link. Smiled all the way thru it.

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio: Probably over the top for the average Joe but she was an entertainer with an incredible voice so beloved by so many so for this particular lady this was just perfect.

i'm sorry it has seemed to upset you so much

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I did not know that it was a cultural thing to change the clothing of a deceased person lying in a coffin.  That I found that astounding (edited to add "disturbing".)

And, before you all start, I LOVED Aretha - she was one of the greatest voices certainly in my lifetime. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate

Esteemed Contributor

@Alicew wrote:

I did not know that it was a cultural thing to change the clothing of a deceased person lying in a coffin.  That I found that astounding (edited to add "disturbing".)

And, before you all start, I LOVED Aretha - she was one of the greatest voices certainly in my lifetime. 

@Alicew...

I don't recall anyone saying ... nor do I believe ... it's a "cultural thing" to change a deceased's clothing.  Where did you get that idea?   Perhaps the family decided to do it in this instance.  

Esteemed Contributor

I watched a little. It is way, way over the top for my taste and way too long.   I just changed the channel. I know someone who canceled a Drs. appointment to see this live. Different strokes... wonderful we get to express our opinion. Even if others are down right mean to an opposing view.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

The pink Cadillacs belong to Mary Kay top sellers.

That's very cool.  Never much been a fan of MK but I have r.e.s.p.e.c.t if they loaned out some vehicles for Ms Franklin.   Smiley Happy  Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

The pink Cadillacs belong to Mary Kay top sellers.

That's very cool.  Never much been a fan of MK but I have r.e.s.p.e.c.t if they loaned out some vehicles for Ms Franklin.   Smiley Happy  Heart

@chickenbutt   they didn't loan them. They all agreed to drive in a procession after the first lady of the church where the funeral is being held put out a request. She said some people drove from other states because they wanted to be a part of this.

083118 Tm Aretha Funeral058

It was a seven mile line.

The parade of pink Cadillacs arrive as people wait in line for a coveted spot inside Greater Grace.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Respected Contributor

$50,000 gold/bronze (plated) casket

Respected Contributor

Michael Eric Dyson, what a speaker!  And did he trash talk or what???  Loved it.