Honored Contributor

Re: Aren't we a pair (injuries)

That Volterin (sp?) is some serious stuff.  I took a small loan out and got a tube when DH wrenched his back.  (J/K about the loan, but that stuff ain't cheap.)

The warnings on it concerned me to the point I was too skitzo for him to use it.  

So I slathered him up in Vicks (probably just as volitile...lol) and when he woke up the next morning--no pain!  Seriously.

Hope your husband is comfortable soon.  Nothing worse than a bad back.

Respected Contributor

@MamaWick   Ouch.   Sending positive vibes for an easy and quick recovery.  Back pain is no fun.  

Woofs and hugs to Miss Willow White and Roo.  Hope they are helping you both.  

Woofs and love to sweet Cricket in heaven.  💕🌈

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

@MamaWick 

So sorry to hear about Papa Wick---wishing him a quick recovery with no more pain...and continued healing for your foot too....

d5b5a23a6da8720e8d8f781001141db7--healing-prayer-god-prayer.jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@MamaWick wrote:

Well actually my foot is much, much better but still not 100%.  On Tuesday, when we arrived at the boy's house to Roo sit, PapaWick was unloading the bed of the truck (we are here for 2 weeks, so had lots of stuff).  Anyway, he was pulling the 40-pack of water forward (not lifting) when he twisted his low back.  He has been taking ibuprofen and using a heating pad on low.

PW doesn't complain much, but he is having trouble getting up from a chair and getting out of bed.  He didn't put up much of a fight when I told him at 5 this morning I was going to make an appointment for him.  Fortunately, he was able to see our doctor's NP.  Will be picking up an Rx shortly.

So, send in the clowns...

@MamaWick   I pulled my back recently, and periodically, and use SportsGel, it removes the pain so that I can continue functioning, works better than Ibuprofen.  It can be bought at amazon, Vitacost, and probably elsewhere.  The first time I used it, all I could say was "miraculous!"