Trusted Contributor

Re: Are your dept stores well-stocked?

Give it a rest... 

Honored Contributor

My entire  Macy's/Dillards Mall was bulldozed a couple weeks ago.   Nothing else close by...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

It used to be a rare Saturday when I wasn't at the Mall shopping and for lunch somewhere.  Now, I haven't been to our Mall for a year.  Stores I frequented went out of business and nothing interesting replaced them.  Kohls, TJ Maxx, Target do not interest me so I buy my clothes at QVC and Drapers&Damons.  

I do think I am no longer going to shop at Drapers because I just received two sweaters which I am returning because of the fabric.  Their return label is $9.99 and the original shipping for the 2 sweaters was 17.99 which is ridiculous.  I sure don't need anything, but I will keep checking out the Q.

Esteemed Contributor

Shopping in Phoenix today and thought variety was stinky in stores where I shopped ( TJMaxx, Old Navy, Home Goods, 99 cents Only).  Was shocked at how dismal Christmas selection was in Home Goods ( how are they going to sell all the that Christmas stuff in March when it finally arrives?).  Ended up ordering almost all my Christmas decor from

Etsy!

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

@Junebug54 wrote:

In the last two weeks I have been to Costco, Kohls, Macy's, Walmart and my local grocery store and have not seen any empty shelves.  As a matter of fact Walmart was jam packed.     Lots of doom and gloom threads so I thought I'd share my experiences.   A QVC order actually arrived in a timely manner too.

Dare say this is true?????????

@Just Bling  - I ordered four things on the 24th (free shipping day).  Three of the orders arrived in four days.  The final one took a week.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I haven't shopped in a dept store for a few years. I had to return an item I bought on Amazon, so I took it to Kohl's to do that.  They gave me a $5 coupon to use at Kohl's but I just threw it away and didn't even look at merchandise.

A shame.  It might've been a nice gesture to hand it to someone actually shopping.  I often see mothers shopping for their children in ours.  If I have any spare coupons I offer them and people are grateful to save whatever they can.

Honored Contributor

@patbz     I'm in NE Phoenix....and the grocery stores are in terrible shape around my neighborhood.   They are "filling in" with brands I have never heard of.   I go to at least THREE stores to buy my "very small" list.........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

local Home Goods looks like Christmas threw up there stocked with all kinds of stuff, and now 

Marshalls as well

Halloween was marked down a week before and Thanksgiving???? nothing