Honored Contributor

Re: Are you wearing the right mask?

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Shorty2U wrote:

We bought masks on Etsy and Ebay. My husband has 12, i have 5. My husband who is asthmatic, works 6 days a week in a mask in 100 and some degree temps with a mask on. Only thing that bugs him is the heat (NOT the mask). My son wears a mask 6 days a week 10 to 12 hours a day in the heat too. I only have to wear one when we go in public to the stores. My one granddaughter wears one at work. My daughter wears one to shop. They dont bother any of us. But I hear so many around here complaining( they think ts bossy to have to wear one). I think its kind! And I am getting sick of hearing people complain about them for no reason. Thats my take on the masks.

What does your husband and son do that they are indoors and in that heat for that long of time.  Would like to know what masks they find works and are comfortable.

@CrazyDaisy, I have a very good friend who works in an unconditioned machine shop and has to wear a mask all day in the heat.  He just wears a regular blue procedure mask.  

My co-workers husband works at a steel mill, obviously not air conditioned, and has to wear a mask all day, everyday.  He made some out of a bandana, using the instructions that are all over the internet.    

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Shorty2U wrote:

We bought masks on Etsy and Ebay. My husband has 12, i have 5. My husband who is asthmatic, works 6 days a week in a mask in 100 and some degree temps with a mask on. Only thing that bugs him is the heat (NOT the mask). My son wears a mask 6 days a week 10 to 12 hours a day in the heat too. I only have to wear one when we go in public to the stores. My one granddaughter wears one at work. My daughter wears one to shop. They dont bother any of us. But I hear so many around here complaining( they think ts bossy to have to wear one). I think its kind! And I am getting sick of hearing people complain about them for no reason. Thats my take on the masks.

What does your husband and son do that they are indoors and in that heat for that long of time.  Would like to know what masks they find works and are comfortable.

@CrazyDaisy, I have a very good friend who works in an unconditioned machine shop and has to wear a mask all day in the heat.  He just wears a regular blue procedure mask.  

My co-workers husband works at a steel mill, obviously not air conditioned, and has to wear a mask all day, everyday.  He made some out of a bandana, using the instructions that are all over the internet.    

Suprised people are working so close together in those types of facilities that masks are required. Most places that do not deal with the public only require them when social distancing is not possible.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

@CrazyDaisy, You are misinformed. There are manufacturing facilities that require gown, masks and gloves daily and always have.