Esteemed Contributor

13 is a good number for me.

I always told my DSs Friday the 13th is the end of school/work week.    Monday the 13th is worse...start of the week.

MIL was very superstitious. I learned some new ones from her.

I never realized I hold my breath passing a cemetery, until I went on a long car trip with my sisters and someone brought up. They brought up the custom, not me doing it. That's how I noticed it though.

I don't try abide by superstitions, but then why tempt it?

Honored Contributor

I also really like the number 13.  It is one of my favorite numbers.  I always wished I was born on a Friday the 13th  but, alas, I was born on a Friday the 12th.       Missed it by that much!  Smiley Very Happy

Valued Contributor

Not about today. 13 has been good for me. Super charged full moon too.I have other superstitions though.

Respected Contributor

I was born on a Friday the 13th so it doesn't bother me at all. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Are you superstitious?

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaidenwrote:

More no than yes.  But I will chose to not walk under a ladder... or if there is a black cat I would rather it not cross my path.....dread to break a morror😧....

but I am not overly thinking about superstitions

@SeaMaiden ...Well you better not come to my house because, whomever should enter, will have their paths crossed many times by my precious black kitty!

Uh-Oh...here she comes to wish everyone on this thread a Happy Friday the 13th! Cat Very Happy

Martes 13 GIF - Black Cat GIFs

eta:...And you won't believe this... but my computer screen just turned totally black and I lost the QVC site as soon as I posted!...Seriously! Cat Surprised

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

It’s Friday the 13th and as ridiculous as it is, I always get a tinge of apprehension about doing anything on this day. This is ironic because science is my passion, yet I still feel this way. I know the history of the day as well. I’m also superstitious about not wearing opals. Also ridiculous. I like the way they look but I always wind up removing them soon after putting them on. I know the history of this superstition too. Reason should supersede superstition for me, but it only works on a rational level and not on some other level I’ve yet to understand.

Are you superstitious?

Yes a little...my daughter & her boyfriend are currently flying out to San Francisco from Philly....keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well!

Esteemed Contributor

Yes and no.  I don't believe Friday the 13th s scary.  I don't walk under ladders just because that's a dumb thing to do - something could drop; neither would I ever consider fearing or even equating the color of an animal with bad luck!Woman Frustrated

I am superstitious relative to natural phenomena, i.e., full moons.  Things always happen on a full moon for some reason people behave differently.  So, sort of superstitious, but also believe it could be something atmospheric at that time.Woman Embarassed

Esteemed Contributor

I must be oblivious today.  Until I saw this thread I didn’t realize it was even Friday the 13 th.

Esteemed Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

Not particularly, but I have a family member who is. His hockey gear has to be put on in exactly the same order, every time. When he was playing competitve hockey, his gear couldn't be washed if they were winning. He just bought a house and the closing date was set for today. He said "absolutely not on Friday the 13th!". They closed yesterday. 

Isn't that more of a ritual, @FrostyBabe1 ?  That I would be more likely to believe in!

Respected Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

Not particularly, but I have a family member who is. His hockey gear has to be put on in exactly the same order, every time. When he was playing competitve hockey, his gear couldn't be washed if they were winning. He just bought a house and the closing date was set for today. He said "absolutely not on Friday the 13th!". They closed yesterday. 

Isn't that more of a ritual, @FrostyBabe1 ?  That I would be more likely to believe in!

Yes and no. Not washing gear when they're winning is definitely a superstition. Refusing to close on the house on Friday the 13th is superstition. Putting the gear on a certain way is both ritual and superstition, in that he believes that if he breaks the ritual, they have no change of winning. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~