Trusted Contributor
I'm watching a Mally presentation for her Poreless Primer. You generally put primer on BEFORE you put makeup on, yet the model clearly has a full face of makeup on. Then during the presentation - I guess to cover herself - she said you can put it over your makeup. I use primer, but if I ever put it in over makeup I'd end up with a mess! I've also noticed many makeup presentations where the models are already made up, and the vendor just pretends to apply. Smoke & mirrors, really?
Respected Contributor

Laura Geller says the same thing....many primers can also be used to ""set"" already applied makeup.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Super Contributor

The befores and afters would look horrible if the models came onto the set with no makeup. I think it would be difficult to talk about the product, talk to customers, answer questions, etc. when you're trying to make your model look fantastic. Makes sense to have them already made up.

Honored Contributor
On 2/6/2015 SnowPink said:

The befores and afters would look horrible if the models came onto the set with no makeup. I think it would be difficult to talk about the product, talk to customers, answer questions, etc. when you're trying to make your model look fantastic. Makes sense to have them already made up.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} I've heard Mally and other makeup vendors say the models are made up "in the interest of time." They can present more products if they don't have to spend a lot of time putting makeup on a clean face.

Honored Contributor
I liked watching the blonde vendor, with her hair in curlers, who would put on her makeup while presenting her products. I don't recall buying anything though.
Trusted Contributor
On 2/6/2015 tansy said: I liked watching the blonde vendor, with her hair in curlers, who would put on her makeup while presenting her products. I don't recall buying anything though.
Her makeup line was Models Prefer, now it's YBF on HSN. I use her concealer pen, it's awesome! But I agree, personally I'd rather see the product go on a blank canvas, I've purchased and returned many things because when I receive them they don't look like or apply like they do in the presentations.
Respected Contributor

Eve Pearl's model came out without make-up and she did a half face make-up application to show the difference and the technique. It was a great program.

Honored Contributor
On 2/6/2015 lizzief said: I'm watching a Mally presentation for her Poreless Primer. You generally put primer on BEFORE you put makeup on, yet the model clearly has a full face of makeup on. Then during the presentation - I guess to cover herself - she said you can put it over your makeup. I use primer, but if I ever put it in over makeup I'd end up with a mess! I've also noticed many makeup presentations where the models are already made up, and the vendor just pretends to apply. Smoke & mirrors, really?

I wouldn't call it "smoke and mirrors" ..... that Poreless Primer is invisible, isn't it? So the before and after would be the same.

I have no problem with the models having a basic makeup on ...... in most cases, makeup is supposed to be subtle, so there won't be any dramatic differences ...... the vendors are there to explain the product and how to apply.

The models don't need to be bare faced for that! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}