Honored Contributor

Re: Are you sensative to odors?

@cherry wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:

@cherry

I would call back and ask her manager to have a discussion with her... you might be doing her a favor.

I just can't do it. I don't know how it would be received, and I don't want to upset her

It would not be well received !   It would be seen as a mean, insulting, bordering on harrassment phone call.  No one with any common sense at all would do such a thing.  I'm speechless that anyone would thing to do such a thing.  No one ever died from smelling garlick on someone's breath!!!

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt, no visits to volcanoes for you, then 😖

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Moonchilde wrote:

@chickenbutt, no visits to volcanoes for you, then 😖

Took me a while to get that. D'oh!  See?  My brain is leaking out somewhere.  I just cannot find the leak.  

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:

@cherry

I would call back and ask her manager to have a discussion with her... you might be doing her a favor.

I just can't do it. I don't know how it would be received, and I don't want to upset her

@cherry

Oh, come on .....   I find this just mind boggling ....  You can post your "odor complaint" on a message board so it's obvious you do know how to communicate.  It will be "received" the way you deliver it.  Tell the truth with compassion.   That's all it takes.

As for "upsetting her" .... you don't know her, correct?   So you have no idea what would -- or would not -- upset her.   So that's just an excuse.  Hey, if you don't want to report her, fine, but be straight about it.   Many people who are "offensive" in some way would want to know.  You can't presume to know how someone will think about this.   None of us can.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt. Your bird must eat like a king. It sounds like you are his own personal chef

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@cherry wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:

@cherry

@cherry

Oh, come on .....   I find this just mind boggling ....  You can post your "odor complaint" on a message board so it's obvious you do know how to communicate.  It will be "received" the way you deliver it.  Tell the truth with compassion.   That's all it takes.

As for "upsetting her" .... you don't know her, correct?   So you have no idea what would -- or would not -- upset her.   So that's just an excuse.  Hey, if you don't want to report her, fine, but be straight about it.   Many people who are "offensive" in some way would want to know.  You can't presume to know how someone will think about this.   None of us can.

None of your harassment will change my mind. I'm not sure this is an act of compassion at all. You feel diferntly I get that. I just don't agree

Honored Contributor

cherry wrote:

@chickenbutt. Your bird must eat like a king. It sounds like you are his own personal chef

Eh, I just feed him things that are good for him - well, plus some things that he likes.  Fortunately, a lot of the things he likes are good for him.  

But if he had his druthers he would be happy to eat cheese, peanuts, and sunflower seeds.  Smiley Happy

Those birdie omelets are good for a warm breakfast. One egg, made in a rectangular pan and thri-folded, is enough along with the fruits and veg he gets, is enough for several days.  I make up a bunch, freeze, and then vacuum seal them so I'm always set for many weeks.

With his dinner he also gets birdie bread that I make with tons of nutritious stuff, also some of which he wouldn't eat on a bet.  But he LOVES the birdie bread.   Bwahahahahaha

Mommy smarter than birdie (well, a little bit).  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@LTT1 that Axe is a good example! 

Frequent Contributor

Yes I am, as a former smoker I think cigarettes and cigars are the worst smells. Every time I think of how I smelled it makes me sick.

Fried eggs is not a nice smell to me.

This is something I was exposed to at a young age...Freon gas. Many don't believe it has an odor. I'm not one to argue about it. I just know the meat cases are not functioning  correctly when I smell that odor.

"God created memories so that we might have roses in December." - Italo Svevo
Honored Contributor

Unfortunately I am.  Perfumes do not bother me.  Cigarette and cigar smoke, fish,  garlic, and ethnic spices are a few odors I find offensive.