Honored Contributor

Are you sensative to odors?

[ Edited ]

I went for my yearly mamo today. I got a very sweet girl who did the xrays. She couldn't have been nicer, but every time she talked to me I was engulfed by clouds of garlic

I have always been very  careful about not eating things that gave off noxious fumes. Maybe she eats it all the time, and doesn't notice it herself. But having the kind of job that makes you get in someones face, would make me very careful and at least keep a breath freshner on my person.

Honored Contributor

Re: Are you sensative to ordors?

Hi Cherry!  BTW, just an FYI - you can now edit your thread title, to correct the typo.    I thought you might not know that, since the new board.  Smiley Happy

Anyway, YES!  I am so total sensitive to odors.  But then I do have asthma and that's a part of it - probably a very large part of it.  

Some of the 'perfumes' that people wear actually make me wheeze and what's worse is that people wear so much of it that you can literally taste it in your mouth!

I'm sensitive to not only anything that is strong, but to anything that is floral, musky, or sweet.   I only wear something that is very light and clean smelling.  I like L'Occitane Verbena because it just smells like a light lemon zest.  Very fresh!

Aside from perfumes/colognes, I am pretty sensitve to most anything that is egregious.  But it's mostly the scents and smoke that will make me actually sick.

Honored Contributor

No

hckynu(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Thanks Chickenbutt!

Honored Contributor

Re: Are you sensative to odors?

[ Edited ]

Sensitive in the sense that I smell stuff?  Yes.

Sensitive in the sense that stuff I smell bothers me?  No.

Valued Contributor

Yes, but garlic doen't bother me.  It's sweet, artificial perfumy smells.  In girl scouts I almost fainted on a tour of the Avon factory, had to be hauled out.

Honored Contributor

athenian wrote:

Yes, but garlic doen't bother me.  It's sweet, artificial perfumy smells.  In girl scouts I almost fainted on a tour of the Avon factory, had to be hauled out.

Oh gag!   Just thinking about that makes me a bit queasy!

Cherry - glad to help.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I have a poor sense of smell so something has to be REALLY strong for me to smell it much less be sensitive to it.  However, I can't spend any time in a coffee shop or some Hallmark-type store with tons of smelly potpourri, etc.  Both places send me into orbit with a major headache.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I went for my yearly mamo today. I got a very sweet girl who did the xrays. She couldn't have been nicer, but every time she talked to me I was engulfed by clouds of garlic

I have always been very  careful about not eating things that gave off noxious fumes. Maybe she eats it all the time, and doesn't notice it herself. But having the kind of job that makes you get in someones face, would make me very careful and at least keep a breath freshner on my person.

@cherry

You would have been doing her a favor if you had said something!    

Some people are pretty clueless.   Bad breath is just as bad as bad body odor!    Nevertheless, the next person could have reported her to her supervisor.    

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 I just couldn't embarass the poor girl