Respected Contributor

Re: Are you restricting extended family/close friends from coming to your home ?

[ Edited ]

@skatting44 wrote:

Been distancing from family and friends . Those stories about how several members of the same family in NJ who all contracted COVID from a friend they had invited to their family gathering was enough for me . That vaccine can't arrive soon enough.

This happened in a town close to where I live. Fusco family.  Very sad. 

**edited to remove link with political sidebars**

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Trusted Contributor

Re: Are you restricting extended family/close friends from coming to your home ?

[ Edited ]

No one has come into my home except for a few necessary service people and all were masked, as was I during their visits. I was careful to stay away as best I could and used hand sanitizer, wipes, and spray after they were gone to disinfect surfaces and the air.

I have been using curbside pickup/delivery for most things -- but I was doing so before the pandemic so not really a big change there.

I have a friend who has been dining in restaurants, going to bars and concerts, doesn't believe COVID is that big of a deal because her Facebook friends say so, occasionally wears a mask at the hair/nail salon, and thinks if you take large amounts of Vitamin C and Zinc you'll be fine. So she keeps asking me to meet her for lunch/dinner and I have to repeatedly tell her I do NOT dine in restaurants and that I'm going to keep my distance as long as she's been playing among the masses. She thinks I'm a scared wimp who is falling for political BS and that our medical experts are full of it.

So she's not coming to my home, that's for sure!

Super Contributor

@coco14 It would be so hard to live in an apartment building during this time!

I see friends all the time, just outdoors instead of in homes. I am fortunate to live in the suburbs where everyone has backyards, and I live near parks where I can meet friends to go for walks or meet up for picnics. I have also visted family out of state, and we had an outdoor family reunion! It was odd not to hug anyone, but still fun. 

Honored Contributor

My area of WV has lost a large number of elderly residents to COVID; all were in facilities where the virus was transmitted to them by family, or employees, who had been on vacation.

If we can't use common sense to protect our most vulnerable population, the rest of us have little more than a snowballs chance in Hell.
Trusted Contributor

My sister and I both are cancer patients and are senior citizens.  We talk by phone several times a week but only see one another, with masks, if our shifts to help care for our 93 year old mother overlap. Mother does not wear a mask, but my sister and I do when caring for/ helping her.  We have not seen the younger members of the family.  We especially miss the kids. They live in another area of the state and return to school next week with a hybrid model. 

My neighbors and maintenance folks (I live in rent) do not wear masks, so they have not been inside my home.  I do go grocery shopping, go to doctor and dental appointments, and have had vet appointments for my severely ill cat.  However, I am very strict with my home and try to keep myself as safe as possible. 

Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

It is a shame so many live in such fear.  I cannot imagine.

@CrazyDaisy Some of us have people we are responsible for and can't chance dying on them.  There are a lot of things people live with daily that others can't imagine.

If you are in a position where you don't have to be afraid, don't knock others who do have to be afraid for many reasons. 

Trusted Contributor

Absolutely.  My mom lives in my building and we see each other maybe once a week just by stopping by to get something from each other.  Masks on and distanced.  Everyone else is off limits.

With a positivity rate of less than 1% in my city for the past 2 weeks now is not the time to become lax.  It's even more important to follow restrictions now to keep it this way.  And if people in other states exhibited self-discipline and sacrifice for others and followed these restrictions, they could also achieve a low positivity rate.  This needs to be done if we are ever to recover as a country.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

I have two physicians who live on my street.  One is a surgeon with a young family and the other older with grown children.  Neither one of them work with Covid patients but they are very cautious, wear masks, do not eat out, do not travel, do not have people in, etc.   Add to that my cousin who is physician in Los Angeles and my niece who is a nurse in Orange County (both dealing with Covid patients) - I just follow their lead and they all think this is a Big Deal!  

I guess that old saying applies "Ignorance is Bliss".

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@bobbydeeschair wrote:

@Pook wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

I don't see it as fear but common sense!!!!!!!

I see it as drinking the koolaid...but that's just my opinion.

It's like rain on your wedding day...

170,000 dead people disagree.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@bobbydeeschair wrote:

@Pook wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

I don't see it as fear but common sense!!!!!!!

I see it as drinking the koolaid...but that's just my opinion.

It's like rain on your wedding day...

@Greeneyedlady21 

What do you mean "It's like rain on your wedding day" ?

I always heard it meant "good luck" if it rained on your wedding day.🤔

"Rain on your wedding day is good luck because it signifies that your marriage will last. As you know, a knot that becomes wet is extremely hard to untie – therefore, when you “tie the knot” on a rainy dayyour marriage is supposedly just as hard to unravel! We can thank Hindu traditions for this belief."

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran