Honored Contributor

Re: Are you restricting extended family/close friends from coming to your home ?

@pggoody 

No visitors allowed in my home and I’m not visiting anyone. We talk, text, email. I see co-workers at work but we don’t congregate. I’m alone in my office all day.

This is very much not the time to be relaxing safety measures. And it is almost certainly going to get a lot worse in the coming months.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Are you restricting extended family/close friends from coming to your home ?

No one allowed in my home sd my hubby is high risk. Before NY got so bad, we asked our daughter if she wanted to bring her kids to SC and stay here. But NY quickly went out of control and could not have her visit.

Now, we are a hot spot so cannot go and visit her. We missed all of the grands birthdays and it doesn't look like we will be able to go for Christmas either.

Valued Contributor

It only takes ONE.  Will you all be wearing masks?

"I never changed, I just learned."
Valued Contributor

Agree with you SuzyQ3.  And after all, that's how it gets dpread around, by those with no restrictions etc.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

What's wrong with anyone being afraid of fying or causing the death of others?  It's concern, respect, responsibility etc too.  I can't imagine not caring.

Valued Contributor

Bingo.

Valued Contributor

We do not have anyone over to the house. I have been out a few times with a friend for lunch and the store. Husband and I will go out to dinner here and there but no visiting family. A neighbor in our development got covid and she's 10 years younger than us and she was in the hospital for breathing problems. Our elderly parents are gone now and our only son lives out of state. We are camping with just ourselves. This is an annoying time but we don't want to get it. Husband has immune system issues and he has not visited any of his friends.
Honored Contributor

We are currently away from most family and friends for the summer.

However, we bought this house so we could be closer to our son and his beautiful family during the summer months.  They live on Long Island and this is much closer than our other beach house.

Unfortunately, we haven't seen them at all as it would mean having them sleep here and it would be very hard to be safe and have an enjoyable time.  My son still works full time as he is an essential employee in NYC.  

There are family and friends who we know are safe as safe can be that we do see--all while with masks or social distancing or both and always outside.

We have great neighbors here who we still *hang out* with--they in their yards and we in ours.  Safely.

Even met a nice couple at the marina and we can do the same--from our boats.

When we return home, I know my parents and some others are *safe*.

I'm pretty sure I'll be helping out with our grandson if and when he goes back to (private) school.  Will have to somehow do this safely (effectively) as possible.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio Congratulations to you on the upcoming birth of your first grandson!  Such a hard time now with all the restrictions, but all for the best for mom and baby!

Respected Contributor

Wow! I'm very surprised at some of the responses. I know three people who died from this awful virus( in NJ). One of them was only in his early forties. I guess for some, until it touches you, you don't realize how serious it is! 

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran