Honored Contributor

Re: Are you restricting extended family/close friends from coming to your home ?

@janeec   DH and I and all of our friends were extremely careful for MORE THAN A MONTH....our business is suffering, others will never have their job back....we cannot and will not stop living our life.

I understand those that have health issues or parents/grandparents that they need to care for, your life is different than mine.  Our country cannot stay locked down until a vaccine is available, to think and expect that is just not going to happen.  The numbers in my state and my county have been going down, we are on the right path.

Honored Contributor

Re: Are you restricting extended family/close friends from coming to your home ?

@bobbydeeschair wrote:

@Pook wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

It is a shame so many live in such fear.  I cannot imagine.

I don't see it as fear but common sense!!!!!!!

I see it as drinking the koolaid...but that's just my opinion.

It's like rain on your wedding day...

"She is gone but she used to be mine"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21   Thanks for the earworm. 

Isn't it ironic.  LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I have let only two people in my home since March.  One is my son who lives here in this same city.  Otherwise, only 1 friend has been here a couple of times.  

My 88 yr old dad doesn't let anyone in his home except my siblings.  I'm glad he's being so careful since he's at very high risk.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Some people here making certain comments have no idea about underlying health conditions of posters, their families, or their friends. But keep at it i guess.

@Greeneyedlady21  No we don't.  And I've posted that fact time and time again.

This is what becomes annoying; the constant self-righteous posts that take over every single time.

Just because some of us are not running around with hair on fire doesn't mean we don't "get it".

It doesn't mean none of us are not concerned about loved ones, and I've posted about mine before.

Yet those posts are totally ignored if one posts just a hint about hope and declining numbers.

Instead of hope, there is a constant negativity that leads me to think that some are way too invested in being "right".

Instead of looking forward they keep staring at the past as though that can be changed.

I have a loved one in quarantine right now; but that doesn't mean I'm about to start bashing others for their pov.

If people want to have family over, that is on them.  I'm not about to try and control everyone else as though I'm some kind of warrior hero saving the world.

That's my feeling and I'm staying with it.  Like it or not.  (I don't mean you directly.)

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

It is a shame so many live in such fear.  I cannot imagine.

It's not fear.  It's prudence.  It's following science.  It's common sense.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

No.  My DS and family have been here several times.  We did go from March until May without seeing them, but after that we opened up to them.  We have been careful to limit our exposure, but we are not quarantined anymore.  It was a tough time.  Things are not great now, but at least I can see the grandchildren.

Honored Contributor

We don't realy have people over our house so that hasn't changed.  I have been to friends' and family's houses but most of the time we are outside.  It is always the same family members I am around and I know for the most part they are very careful. 

I have no desire to be in a large group of people period, mask or no mask.     

Honored Contributor

You bet I am. and will for the foreseeable future. Not taking chances. I am staying home as well and have been since in March. No one comes in my house but the 2 others I live with.  thats what it is going to take to get a hold of this virus--not sure why it is so hard to understand-----?????????