Trusted Contributor

Re: Are you restricting extended family/close friends from coming to your home ?

@gidgetgh I am trully sorry for your misfortune of loosing your husband, I hope that you are surrounded by much love now!

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Honored Contributor

Re: Are you restricting extended family/close friends from coming to your home ?

[ Edited ]

Since most of my family is working and has been working through the pandemic, we have not had the opportunity to stay locked at home.  I have allowed my children and grandchildren to visit in our home as well as a few neighbors.

In order to spread COVID, someone has to be infected with it first.  Two weeks ago, I visited a friend in the hospital who I haven't been able to see since March.  She lives in a long term care center.  I was finally able to see her for 5 days in a row while she was an inpatient.

I was shocked to see that her finger nails were about two inches long.  Care givers in a SNF and the hospital are not allowed to cut finger nails.  I cut them for her.  She couldn't even hold a fork in her hands with those nails.

It did make me a bit nervous to visit a hospital, but I'd do it again if I had to.

Honored Contributor

You are a great friend @Carmie .  I am glad you got to visit her and take care of her nails!

Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh Thank you for sharing and being forthright about your pain. I know you've heard this before, but there are stages of grief and we have to get deep into each stage. I watched my dad put one foot in front of the other with my mom's passing. He had to be brave for us kids so he stuffed his grief and it changed him. I can't imagine the loss you're experiencing. It's a dread most of us couples walk around with. I am so sorry for your tragic loss and these difficult times. Take good care of yourself. Heart

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

No.

Honored Contributor

No restrictions of any kind.

Honored Contributor

@Sapphiregal wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

It is a shame so many live in such fear.  I cannot imagine.

I totally agree. Since the very beginning of this madness, I have gone where I want to go and have not limited anyone from entering my home - especially friends and my family! I am shocked by the numbers of people that are living their lives in fear...in my opinion, that is NOT living.

@Sapphiregal, unless you live in a region untouched by Covid, I really don't see the reason to sound so belligerently proud of not doing your part to help not only yourself but your family, your friends, and society in general.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

(((@gidgetgh)))

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

All of my family got on the same page with staying safe for each other, and for our 86 year old mom, during the shut down.   We still see each other regularly, but follow  safety precautions since I have a brother and SIL with serious health issues too.

My daughters are essential employees; they try to be very careful with work exposure, and if they have any concerns, we have concerns, and stay home as well.  Even with mom directly across the road, I talk to her mostly by phone, instead of face to face.   

Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

It is a shame so many live in such fear.  I cannot imagine.

@CrazyDaisy Thank you.  I so totally agree.