Valued Contributor

Re: Are you restricting extended family/close friends from coming to your home ?

We practise social distancing and any friend or relative knows it.  If they want to break our trust they will not be welcome. As far as needing assistance from the outside, we are self reliant.  Don't see how that will ever change, in fact, our resolve to be self reliant has been tested already and we came through just fine.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Are you restricting extended family/close friends from coming to your home ?

Yes, of course. I also wear my seatbelt and don't text and drive.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

It is a shame so many live in such fear.  I cannot imagine.

I don't see it as fear but common sense!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Daughter has been to my house once since mid-march and we sat on my porch 6 feet apart.  Then a friend came by for my birthday and we sat on my porch 6 feet apart.  Thats it for people coming to the house.  Had a family emergency in mid-June that took me out of the house for a number of days but we all kept our masks on and kept our distance as much as possible.  I do go to my daughter's about every 2 to 3 weeks for a short visit but we sit outside at her table and wear masks.  I like going to her house because it gets me out of mine!  Most of the time though, I am home alone go out once a week for groceries and an errand or two.  Wear my mask and take wipes with me.   

Honored Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

@gidgetgh  Sounds like we're both trying to use our best judgements. I am sorry to hear of your husband's passing. Are you doing okay? Silly question, I know. Again, sending you good thoughts and hopes. 

@jeanlake - thanks for asking. I'm an absolute mess, but functioning and doing what needs to be done.  Most brutal thing I've ever been through in my life, hands down. It's just brutal, the grief and the loneliness.  And in the middle of a pandemic where we are all more isolated than maybe we want to be.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

My daughter just old me she and her family are going to stay in the hous for a week and a half after they take their daughter to Virginia Tech this weekend.

It’s mostly for me and my son in law’s two parents.  We all live relatively close to each other and often see each other.

She said being around so many young kids moving her I They won’t take any chances especially with us.  I’m going to be 74 this year and his parents are older than I am.

Respected Contributor

Two of my grown children came to visit for my birthday a week ago. I posted about it here and was told I was not being careful enough and was chastised. I guess some people think they can make the rules for everyone. We're all fine and healthy. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, friends/family/neighbors are restricted.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

We are going to a cook out this weekend.....and everyone is bringing in food. None of us are worried.  Our area has very low numbers.

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

It is a shame so many live in such fear.  I cannot imagine.

I totally agree. Since the very beginning of this madness, I have gone where I want to go and have not limited anyone from entering my home - especially friends and my family! I am shocked by the numbers of people that are living their lives in fear...in my opinion, that is NOT living.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.