Esteemed Contributor

Re: Are you restricting extended family/close friends from coming to your home ?

@gidgetgh  Sounds like we're both trying to use our best judgements. I am sorry to hear of your husband's passing. Are you doing okay? Silly question, I know. Again, sending you good thoughts and hopes. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Re: Are you restricting extended family/close friends from coming to your home ?

We don't restrict, we prohibit!  We did have in hvac people to replace a system because it needed to be done.  They worked in the attic and outside 95 percent of the time and wore masks and shoe covers the rest of the time.

No problems with that, but nobody else has or will in the near future come inside. 

Esteemed Contributor

We haven’t seen our families except when they drop something off or picking something up but I’m inside they are outside, I either put item outside or they leave it outside, we wave and that’s the extent of it. 

Yesterday i I went to my sisters to pick up a plant. We both had masks while she dug the plant out and we kept our distance. 

Super Contributor

We have been to work, shops, church, restaurants, doctor and dentist appointments, and have traveled by air. We do all of those things wearing masks, and following recommended guidelines. We have only gathered socially with people outdoors.

At this point, I would not go inside someone else's home, unless it was necessary and then I would wear a mask. As for my home... well, with 3 kids in the house all the time and no school, my house isn't clean enough for company even if I wanted it!

Valued Contributor

I live where the first New York person came to be initially diagnosed and several days later transported to a larger hospital.

So, from that day on, I have been no where except for one recent doctor's visit - seeing no one other than residents of my apartment building when collecting mail, doing laundry or throwing out trash.  We are all masked - we already had several people contract COVID in the early days.  Masks are mandatory the moment we step out of our apartment doors.

My insurance is not great, so I am being extra careful - my age is also a factor -

Yes, I miss seeing friends and family, but I will not budge until more is positively known about this virus.  Most of my friends and family are going about as if all were the same, with the exception being they are masked, except when eating out.  Not happening for me!

Esteemed Contributor

It is a shame so many live in such fear.  I cannot imagine.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

Yes I am. Several folks have tested positive in the last few weeks. I don't even go out and greet the UPS or Fedex people anymore. 

One thing that concerns me is that some people are sick and not going to the doctor. They have symptoms of covid. A lot of these people went on a vacation togther 2 weeks ago. I am wondering if these people are going to quarantine. 

We can't take for granted that anyone is going to do "the right thing" and quarantine. I know this for cold hard fact. Ya'll need to be careful. 

One person was around someone last week who tested positive and he still went to church yesterday. He said he isn't gonna quarantine. I know cause he is a distant family member and someone is concerned and she told me last night. 

Honored Contributor

DH and I do what ever we want to do and see anyone that we want to....we wear a mask because we have to.....we have no intention of living our life in solitude.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

When this pandemic began, my intent was to have no one in our house but my husband and me.  But....the week after Mother's Day, it rained all week with that following Sunday being torrential.  My basement flooded.  Water came up the kitchen sink like a geyser saturating my kitchen, dining room and family room floors and walls.

Water restoration people were in my house for two weeks.  Then the contractor's people were in and out for weeks, finally finishing a couple of weeks ago.  This week, because State Farm demands it for insurance purposes, a plumber had to come inspect the hot water tank and another person came to inspect the furnace.

I think I can say an army has been in my house, lol.  More people than the last 5 years excluding relatives.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)