Honored Contributor

Re: Are you restricting extended family/close friends from coming to your home ?

[ Edited ]

My husband and my adult son (who doesn't live here but comes to visit) have been working this whole time, so I have had exposure through my husband all along. 

We have had a few repair people in and on the property in the last month.  For many months, my son was our only outside visitor, and only allowed outside. I have had him in the home this summer twice. One of my husband's cousin, who we hadn't seen in years stopped by last week, and we visited with him, but at a distance.

We are going to no ones home, including my son's home, which he just bought in March, as he has two room mates, and all the young men are working and socializing in public daily.

In fact, there is a baby shower for  my first grandson later this month, and I will not be attending. It is being given by people we don't know, but have been told they are not following basic protocols. I will be missing a wedding shower for some friend's daughter, and her wedding in September as well.

I've been very restrictive because of my elderly mom that I have to do for on a regular basis (pay bills, handle medication, take to appointments, help with things at her house). If it weren't for her, I'd probably be venturing out more to certain things like the upcoming baby shower. 

My husband and son aren't exactly thrilled with my restrictions, but it is what it is. At this point in time, the health of my 84 year old mother has to be considered as the top issue.

I can say, I'm beyond sick of this. 

Contributor

Re: Are you restricting extended family/close friends from coming to your home ?

No.

Valued Contributor

@Sapphiregal wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

It is a shame so many live in such fear.  I cannot imagine.

I totally agree. Since the very beginning of this madness, I have gone where I want to go and have not limited anyone from entering my home - especially friends and my family! I am shocked by the numbers of people that are living their lives in fear...in my opinion, that is NOT living.

My cousin Acted the same as you have. Unfortunately she did catch the virus and was hospitalized three times and was very ill for 4 weeks. She is still recovering.

Valued Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

My husband and my adult son (who doesn't live here but comes to visit) have been working this whole time, so I have had exposure through my husband all along. 

We have had a few repair people in and on the property in the last month.  For many months, my son was our only outside visitor, and only allowed outside. I have had him in the home this summer twice. One of my husband's cousin, who we hadn't seen in years stopped by last week, and we visited with him, but at a distance.

We are going to no ones home, including my son's home, which he just bought in March, as he has two room mates, and all the young men are working and socializing in public daily.

In fact, there is a baby shower for  my first grandson later this month, and I will not be attending. It is being given by people we don't know, but have been told they are not following basic protocols. I will be missing a wedding shower for some friend's daughter, and her wedding in September as well.

I've been very restrictive because of my elderly mom that I have to do for on a regular basis (pay bills, handle medication, take to appointments, help with things at her house). If it weren't for her, I'd probably be venturing out more to certain things like the upcoming baby shower. 

My husband and son aren't exactly thrilled with my restrictions, but it is what it is. At this point in time, the health of my 84 year old mother has to be considered as the top issue.

I can say, I'm beyond sick of this. 

We also have a close family members baby shower that is out of our state. The ones who will not attend got together and shipped their gifts to the soon to be mom and dad during the same week so they would be showered with gifts all in one week!  They loved receiving the packages day by day !

Valued Contributor

@Sapphiregal wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

It is a shame so many live in such fear.  I cannot imagine.

I totally agree. Since the very beginning of this madness, I have gone where I want to go and have not limited anyone from entering my home - especially friends and my family! I am shocked by the numbers of people that are living their lives in fear...in my opinion, that is NOT living.

@Sapphiregal

@CrazyDaisy 

I agree, it is a shame to live in fear.  I feel the need to be cautious as I take the medical advice seriously.  Seeing video of hospital Covid Units with people suffering so much is humbling and frightening to say the least.  Recovering from the virus is a battle and, then there are the residual side effects.  I choose to isolate as much as possible and hopefully avoid a hospitalization, ventilator and side effects of this virus. Hopefully too, sooner rather than later, life will return to a new normal and we will be well. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, we are still restricting visitors. I have risk factors & health issues so we’re being very careful.

We’ve only allowed people in twice. Once was to repair my piano which I’ve been playing more since I am at home a lot. We both wore masks. The second was when the washer broke and 2 guys delivered a new one. Again, we all wore masks. 

No family or friends have been in my house since February. I did go to my sister’s house the day my washer broke to finish laundry I started. We both wore masks. 

I’ve been doing more baking since I’m home more. I take sweets I’ve made to my family. I stay outside when I deliver them. Someone comes to the door or porch, and we always wear masks. 

Honored Contributor

That's not an issue for me.  No one in my family lives close enough for casual visits.  We are in regular contact via phone and online / messaging.  

All my friends around here live in small apartments and normally don't entertain at home.  It's a bit different living in the city - there are a lot of outdoor places to get together. 

Honored Contributor

Very few people have been in our home since March. The extended family is having a housewarming this weekend with 40 families invited. Guests are told to bring a dish to pass -- masks are not needed -- oh, and we'd like gift cards from Home Depot. We thought of sending a gift card with a note that we are still following Covid guidelines, but it's probably smarter to not to say a word and just stay home. Let them wonder why we didn't respond.

Respected Contributor

Prettychis, you're fine so far.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Been distancing from family and friends . Those stories about how several members of the same family in NJ who all contracted COVID from a friend they had invited to their family gathering was enough for me . That vaccine can't arrive soon enough !

However, I do go out to shop once  in a while wearing my N95 mask under a cloth mask .  I hate the hand gell   but splater it on generously ! I carry chlorax wipes  .

I finally ventured out  to eat steamed crabs  at at outdoor restaurant.