Esteemed Contributor

Re: Are you now NOT eating out?

@Trinity11 wrote:

Long Island has over 100 cases and since the availability of tests has been delayed, there are probably many more. No more eating out for us for awhile...

@Trinity11- howdy fellow Long Islander. I didn't hear that there are over 100 cases already. And you're right about there being many more. As far as I know, most stores and restaurants are open, but I haven't been out yet, and I'm not sure I will. As I posted earlier, scrambled eggs and toasted bagels work for me for dinner, but we do bring in a lot, especially Chinese and Italian.   My husband doesn't like breakfast food for dinner. I love it!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had brunch today with friends at a restaurant we have been having Sunday brunch at for quite awhile.  The staff is being very cautious by not leaving silverware or salt and pepper shakers out and spoke to us about their cautions.  There were only a few other customers there when we were there and there are usually lots of people by the time we finish (we're early brunchers).

We may change our plans next week or may not.  We will see how things go and what the local recommendations are.  I haven't been eating out at all otherwise, but I don't eat out all that much anyway.  I do carry out quite often.  But mostly I cook at home.

Respected Contributor

No eating out for us, no takeout either, Heaven knows who's preparing the food!

Honored Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

Long Island has over 100 cases and since the availability of tests has been delayed, there are probably many more. No more eating out for us for awhile...

@Trinity11- howdy fellow Long Islander. I didn't hear that there are over 100 cases already. And you're right about there being many more. As far as I know, most stores and restaurants are open, but I haven't been out yet, and I'm not sure I will. As I posted earlier, scrambled eggs and toasted bagels work for me for dinner, but we do bring in a lot, especially Chinese and Italian.   My husband doesn't like breakfast food for dinner. I love it!

Stay well, Sunny.Heart Stores are emptied out here in Nassau County. Hoping there will be deliveries soon...

Respected Contributor

Just an observation but seems many don't prepare meals at home. Just curious

Trusted Contributor

My brother informed me last Friday at noon that we are invited out to dinner for my sister's 60th birthday, next Friday March 20.

So far, there have not been any reported cases in either of our locales, though she does live a couple of hours away from me in Iowa, and we would spend the night at her house.

I told my brother then that this was exactly the kind of thing they were not wanting us to do - and this was several hours before a National Emergency was declared.

My brother-in-law, my sister's husband, manages a local chain grocery store, so I'm betting upper management has given him the low-down on this.

I'm hoping they cancel this for now.  I don't think I want to do it. 

Trusted Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

Just an observation but seems many don't prepare meals at home. Just curious

I do prepare meals at home, myself.  I live alone now, so have just a small problem cooking only for one.  Thursday, I made corned beef and cabbage (potatoes and carrots) in my small crockpot.  Today is day 4.  I'm just about through it!

A lot of times it seems like it is just as cheap, and certainly easier, to go grab fast-food, but I have always tried to do that maybe only twice a week at most.

Get sick of the cleanup more than anything.  

Honored Contributor

Not eating out, only at home,but really wanting a cheesburger.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

We need to start giving low income workers paid time off when too sick to work, women time off to raise a baby etc.  This country is supposed to be a leader but the way employees get treated is sub standard compared to Europe.

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

We need to start giving low income workers paid time off when too sick to work, women time off to raise a baby etc.  This country is supposed to be a leader but the way employees get treated is sub standard compared to Europe.

Clapping 👏👏👏