Valued Contributor

Re: Are you now NOT eating out?

We eat out once a week, and don't have any plans to stop. So far, restaurants are still open around here, and the number of people we've seen doesn't seem to have dropped. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC baiting another poster

Honored Contributor

I think restaurants are high on the list of the riskiest places you could go.  Not only is the emoloyees' hygiene suspect, just the though of handling menus and touching tables and chairs is repulsive.  You are unavoidably close to other diners and employees. I'll  be eating at home for the duration.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

i believe its been over a year since  i've been to a restaurant. there are few in this area that are really top-notch and they are pricey.  Most are casual dining and the food is mostly frozen bagged Sysco fodder.   Not to mention the sketchy kitchen staff. i look at the Health dept. reports too. Real isues with holding foods at the correct temps.

Respected Contributor

Tom Hanks is a diabetic. Anyone with a pre existing condition needs to be extra viligant.  Self quarrantine, do not go to to work or school etc.  Life is more important than stocking up on toilet paper folks !

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

We went to our local eatery last night and it was PACKED! The town had a pub crawl and everyone was hugging and yes.. wait for it ......shaking hands!!! Oh the horrors!! My dh went out for breakfast this morning as we always do on Sundays. Life goes on!! 

Well if you are over 60 and have an underlying condition... there are no words to comment on your post. If  you don't care about yourself at least have the decency to care about others. 

Honored Contributor

We ate out Thursday night like we always do.  We meet a friend for dinner.  We also ate at a sandwich shop yesterday for lunch.  We didn't have lunch until about 2:00, so not during the rush if there was one.  There were a handful of people so it was easy for everybody to stay separated.  It looked like most other eating establishments still had patrons too.  

I saw our local High School was having a baseball game, but the schools aren't closing until Wednesday.  

I don't plan to change anything.  I pretty much social distance all the time, but if the restaurants stay open, we will probably continue to eat out a few times a week.  Hubby generally eats lunch out most days although I don't. It's such a financial hardship on so many people if the place they work closes down.   I still plan to go to the gym tomorrow morning.  Church has canceled all activities except for Sunday worship service until the beginning of April.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is argumentative

Honored Contributor

@Reever    You on the wrong thread; were talking restaurants, not toilet paper.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

We don't eat out much anyway.  It won't change for us.  Now, we'll be waiting till it's all over to even consider it then.