Honored Contributor

Re: Are you now NOT eating out?

I got an email from Starbucks a few days ago that they are thinking about limiting the seating inside their restaurants for social distancing.  They are also considering having drive-thru service only.  I think that would be smart.

I ate out last week and there weren't many people in a restaurant that is usually very busy.  I'm not sure I will eat out again for a while.  I really hate to think how many restaurants will be forced to close for business altogether because of this.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@giddy up wrote:

I normally eat at home and often make my own dinners so no.  This is a good opportunity to use drive thru food service if you don't feel like cooking.

Everyone please be safe.  Do not go out unless absolutely necessary ( i,e. a medical visit).  Order groceries online, cook meals at home, shop QVV or online, do not got to work or if you must go to work stay 6 feet away from people).  Best to be safe during the pandemic.

Esteemed Contributor

Although we don't have any confirmed cases here, I think the eating out for us is going to have to come to a halt for now. Its just not worth

Super Contributor

Ate out last night in our Local Mexican cantina.  Good crowd.

Honored Contributor

We rarely go out now.  I work at home now.  Our groceries are delivered through Amazon.  We haven been out to eat since January this year.  I was going stir crazy at one point, threw on my coat and ran around the block.  Of course I had to wash my hands and put on hand sanitizer.  We always do that after stepping outside even for the mail now. The last social gathering I was out was last month at my sister in law's house.   I'm thinking of joining Grubhub (the food delivery outfit) and ordering from a restaurant.  Has anyone tried that?

Honored Contributor

We have been getting takeout all weekend, and will tonite. 

Honored Contributor

We rarely eat out period, but never in flu season.   Teacher daughter did bring us a pizza early last week.  

I always prefer to eat my cooking.   

Honored Contributor

I ordered Chipotle online for the first time last night. Just didn't want to be touching things in the line. The place was almost empty which intellectually made me glad, but emotionally it made me sad. Lots of bags to pick up alongside mine.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

We went to our local eatery last night and it was PACKED! The town had a pub crawl and everyone was hugging and yes.. wait for it ......shaking hands!!! Oh the horrors!! My dh went out for breakfast this morning as we always do on Sundays. Life goes on!! 

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

Yep, still go out to eat and drink. Small local places that need our dollars during this time.