Honored Contributor

Re: Are you memorable?

[ Edited ]

What a nice compliment that wise old woman gave you, @Abrowneyegirl. And it certainly made her memorable to you. In fact, she added one small piece to the multipart puzzle of the way you saw yourself. It's almost scary the creative power we have in what we choose to say to each other.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

My sweet dog makes me memorable. Most of the time when people see me w/o my dog they say something like:  "Oh, you're the lady with the golden retriever. Now I remember you."  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Yes, I am.

Trusted Contributor

No, I'm not memorable.  In fact, I have a quick story about that.  The primary teaches at my school (I was one also), did a big bulletin board after school saying, All Primary Kids Love Books.  Included were little books with all of the student's names...except my class.  When I asked about it, they said, " We didn't even think about you! ". Imagine how my class felt 😟

Respected Contributor

To some I am, to others not so much.

On my 50th birthday I was feeling down about getting older.  I took the day off work to "grieve"  lol  .. So I went to an office building to drop off my house payment.  Got in the elevator with this hunky looking guy.  He's behind me and then he calls me by name.  I had absolutely no idea who he was.  He says "it's me, Scott.  Remember me from 

D........... elementary school?  We used to shoot marbles together."  I was so shocked.  So I guess I wasn't as old and dowdy as I thought I was.  Still recognizable.  Man, if I'd known what the doughboy was going to turn into, I'd have been much nicer to him.

On the other hand, I ran into a highschool classmate at the grocery store.  I said Hi to her and she didn't know who I was.  I explained we were classmates 20 years earlier.  She says "well, I guess your memory is better than mine."  Turned on her heel and walked off.  Once a beouch always a beouch.

Honored Contributor

Yes, for better or worse. 

Respected Contributor

No, I'm not.  In fact to most people I seem to be invisible  lol.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, I'm memorable.

It's just for all the wrong reasons 😉

Valued Contributor

No

Honored Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl 

Me, no. My race cars, yes. Some people remember the names on my 4 race cars, but mine, not so much.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)