Respected Contributor

@LilacTree

You are never alone or ever should be lonely.  You always have someone by your side guiding you and showing you the way.

They are always there for you and that's true.

Honored Contributor

Eventually, just about everyone will experience being alone.  If you are married and your spouse passes, you will be alone.  I divorced and went through so much at that time, I chose to be single.  I am use to it and enjoy myself time.  I have a cat and she sure keeps me company.   I have friends I talk to and go out with and people in my building I talk to.  Life is short so be happy with yourself.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I'm not alone per se, but my husband works a lot so I am, lol. It doesn't bother me at all. I have more than enough to keep me busy. I do try to get out everyday, sometimes for just a bit or I would be stir crazy. Of course I have some health issues or I might be more bothered by it. 

Respected Contributor

I think there's a lot of lonely people out there. I know sometimes I get very lonely, having lost my mom in summer, my SO at Thanksgiving, and my child is in college on the opposite coast. Kudos to @goldensrbest 's candor. Songs are filled with lyrics about loneliness. The band 3 Dog Night sang "One" One is the loneliest number that you'll ever do.Two can be as bad as one; it's the loneliest number since the number one. The 5th Dimension sang "One Less Bell to Answer." The band America sang "The Lonely People" This is for all the lonely people, thinking that life has passed them by. Other music artists that had songs about loneliness include The Beatles, REM, Leonard Cohen; the list is endless. Loneliness is a human condition that eventually affects almost if not all of us.

Valued Contributor

Re: Are you lonely?

[ Edited ]

I had never minded being alone.  I guess that stemmed from being an only child, although lots of kids from the neighborhood came to play.  When I married, my DH was at work a lot and it never bothered me being by myself (although our kids were around)..  However, he passed away last Sept. and there is a deep hole of loneliness that will never be filled now.  My house is still full of grown kids and there is never a dull moment, but I doubt if I will ever get over this deep hole. I try to fill that loneliness with my music, my church and friends, and it helps.

Esteemed Contributor

I was lonely when I was little.

Now I'm not into socializing and prefer the company of my dogs.  I really don't want to be around people, except for my husband, and my kids.

Honored Contributor

I'm very rarely lonely, but I do occasonally get bored.  I don't usually miss being around people. I'd rather be alone than to socialize for the sake of socializing; I only really want to be around those whose company I truly enjoy, and I don't find that often.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

Re: Are you lonely?

[ Edited ]

only for some of the people that have passed

Esteemed Contributor

I don't live alone yet I am lonely.  I am lonely for the three dear friends who are gone because of breast cancer.  I will always miss my mother and father, two of the most wonderful parents a child could have. Yes, it is possible to be surrounded by people and still feel lonely.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

I am happiest when I am around people and talking and laughing. If I am alone too much I think too much and worry too much.  I do like having along time too get things done and do what I want but I guess I need balance between the two to be happy.  I have a husband but he we are so different that conversations don't exist.  If you express a differing opinion it turns into a fight so we mainly just do necessity talk ......what do you want for dinner, the faucet is dripping,  the dogs need to go out. etc....For me marriage is lonely.