Honored Contributor

There's a big difference between being alone and being lonely.  Some people like being alone, they like their solitude and they don't get lonely.  But others are alone and isolated and want social contact but don't know how to make it happen.  Or...they have abrasive personalities that drive people away. 

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

There's a big difference between being alone and being lonely.  Some people like being alone, they like their solitude and they don't get lonely.  But others are alone and isolated and want social contact but don't know how to make it happen.  Or...they have abrasive personalities that drive people away. 

@chrystaltree

Sad . . . but true.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

I love being alone.  Can't wait for my alone time.  It just feels so 'right' to me.  Peace and quiet.  After being around people, I can't wait to arrive home and be in a somewhat quiet environment.  I'm not much of a talker, though.  A good listener, but not an overly talkative person.  Loud music wedding receptions are almost torture for me.  Too noise-y to even do much listening, let alone talking, lol. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I live alone and enjoy it.  I guess I like my own company but I am lucky if I get to stay home one day.  I do volunteer work, take yoga, etc.  I have many friends and I usually eat lunch or dinner out a few times a week.  I am not much of a TV watcher but I love to read.  I had dinner out with a friend last night and tonight I am going to a benefit dinner.  I am always busy.  

Trusted Contributor

Ms. DiAnne - I hope you know how "BLESSED" you are I'd love to trade places with you and be busy.  I work but you have a great social life. 

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

What is " normal " is what feels right to you. I'm an introvert, so I cherish my alone time. I love spending time with friends, but it is not necessary to my well being.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@LilacTree  You are right wbout the weather today!  I managed to get outside and jog at lunch time.  It was 80 and sunny, but now it's threatening rain.  I love the warm weather, and the normal high here in NE Ohio right now is about 65, so today is a bonus day!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@LilacTree  You are right wbout the weather today!  I managed to get outside and jog at lunch time.  It was 80 and sunny, but now it's threatening rain.  I love the warm weather, and the normal high here in NE Ohio right now is about 65, so today is a bonus day!

@2blonde Isn't the weather just wonderful!!  73 right now in Texas and actually got down to the 40's last night.  Quick turn off of the A/C for a short spurt.  Hard to believe Ohio is warmer today than Texas.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

Most of the time I prefer being alone to being around people, because the people I have to be around are hard to tolerate.

@mistriTsquirrel

I'm familiar with your story, Mistri.  You're always in my thoughts because I have a tree outside my bedroom window which is next to my desk, and at least 100 squirrels that I see every day.  You should live here!  LOL

@LilacTree  100?!?!  You must feed them a lot of pizza!! 

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

Most of the time I prefer being alone to being around people, because the people I have to be around are hard to tolerate.

@mistriTsquirrel

I'm familiar with your story, Mistri.  You're always in my thoughts because I have a tree outside my bedroom window which is next to my desk, and at least 100 squirrels that I see every day.  You should live here!  LOL

@LilacTree  100?!?!  You must feed them a lot of pizza!! 

@mistriTsquirrel

Actually we are not allowed to feed them. This is a very "woodsy" development, so there are many critters around.  We can't feed the birds either.  Because of the warm winter, the squirrels kept breeding and management is trying to find a way to relocate them (not kill them, thankfully). 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986