Honored Contributor

@Happiness Is Inside JOB wrote:

I grew up as an only child and my mother was adopted so we NEVER had a large family or a lot of people over the house or hanging out at our house.  I learned this as I have gotten older "Accept your situation and make yourself as HAPPY as you can in your situation.

I used to kind of dwell on OH, I have no one to hang with, etc.  But for the say last 4 years, I have made a mental effodt to NOT dwell on not having a lot of friends or going out a lot or hanging out with a lot of people.  I do go out when I can, I do participate when the opportunity comes my way, but I don't dwell on being alone.

I am blessed that my hubby is alive as many of my QVC sisters here are widows so I don't complain.  We work on difference schedules so many times I'm home alone just as much as you might be.  But I'm so thankful for the internet, when I get lonely or bored I come on line and watch videos on you tube, come on qvc and just keep busy online.  One can stay online for hours watching old columbo episodes, etc.

SO I say all this to say, no it is not always perfect but we are still blessed. 

@Happiness Is Inside JOB

What a great outlook on life!! 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@fitfuninformed wrote:

Being "alone" and being "lonely" are two completely different things. 

@fitfuninformed

Totally agree!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

I have lived alone since 1999 and at my office it is just myself and the one remaining brother running the family companies.  He is always at the work sites and only wants to come into the office maybe two short days per week.  After 20 years of this job and my home life I cannot imagine someone being in my space.  Never ever lonely just miss the family members and best friend who have gone on before me. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

There are studies which say only children rarely feel lonely.  That has always been true for me.  I had a best friend who was also an only and she and I talked about it several times.  She passed way too soon, but anyway, she said she never felt lonely, either. 

I do have a husband at home, so that probably helps, too.  Truth told, I really value alone time, which I rarely get 

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I'm very much of a loner. I live alone, eat alone, shop alone...you name it. I enjoy being by myself most of the time. There are times when I feel lonely and it's usually when I'm missing someone from my past but it rarely happens.

I'm exactly the same way, @SilleeMee.  I prefer being alone most of the time.  I get together with friends a couple times a month, for a dinner or lunch or shopping or a movie, or a day trip, but I really look forward to coming home.

Honored Contributor

Is my font coming through very large, very small, or okay? 

I've been struggling with this for a couple of weeks now, some folks saying it's too small when I am using a "3" from the Q pull-down tab.  This is a 3. 

Formerly Ford1224
Respected Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

I've been struggling with this for a couple of weeks now, some folks saying it's too small when I am using a "3" from the Q pull-down tab.  This is a 3. 

@LilacTree  It looks fine to me.....I can even read it without my cheaters, but it's not screaming large.  P.S.  I also wanted to say you are never really alone when you are with your friends on these boards!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

What the heck did they do to the font!?  I've been trying to remember to use 3, also.  It's too dang tiny unless I do.

Too bad there isn't a way to set it for that... or is there?

Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@LilacTree  It looks fine to me.....I can even read it without my cheaters, but it's not screaming large.  P.S.  I also wanted to say you are never really alone when you are with your friends on these boards!

@2blonde

Thanks for responding about the font, 2Blonde.  And also for us not really being alone because we have this BB.  I agree wholeheartedly, as I just couldn't watch TV all day long.

The weather is beautiful here today, and I sat outside for a while . . . couldn't get the umbrella up, so I couldn't stay out long.  But these are the best spring days.

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

What the heck did they do to the font!?  I've been trying to remember to use 3, also.  It's too dang tiny unless I do.

Too bad there isn't a way to set it for that... or is there?

@Noel7

As far as I know . . . no.  I've never understood why we can't have a default font and size.  That seems as though it would be easy to program into our "Preferences."

Formerly Ford1224