Honored Contributor

Nope!  I am very fortunate.  I have my alone time during the day.  DS gets home at 3 and DH in the evening.  Now, DH will be working from home soon....so we'll see how that goes! 

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

Is my font coming through very large, very small, or okay? 

I've been struggling with this for a couple of weeks now, some folks saying it's too small when I am using a "3" from the Q pull-down tab.  This is a 3. 

-----------

I like the size 3 too when reading posts.  I like being alone, but I'd rather shop and eat out with another person.  Maybe it's because I'm shy because my outgoing friends aren't afraid to do things alone - they end up striking up conversations with strangers.

Honored Contributor

Re: Are you lonely?

[ Edited ]

I'm 61 yo and by the time I turned 45 I had lost my entire immediate family. I never had any children of my own so I am truly alone in the world when it comes to family. Sometimes I get a rush of fear and disillusionment when I think about it. Even the closest, most dearest friends can't replace a family member. Sometimes you need to talk to a brother, a sister, mom or dad. For me not having these people in my life is what makes me feel lonely.  I've gotten used to now and life is not bad at all. In fact, it couldn't be better.Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I do get lonely sometimes. I live in the country, not many neighbors - I retired 12 years ago and never see friends anymore. Sometimes it seems that everyone my age is so involved with grandchildren, which I don't have, and they are all soo busy with their lives - I guess I envy that. I seem to be depressed a lot - I just feel like the world is passing me by.  Most people would love the peace and quiet that I have here at my home, but, most of the time, It drives me crazy.

Deep In The Heart of Texas
Honored Contributor

'Are You Lonesome Tonight'  (Elvis) ......... What a voice. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

For posters who feel truly alone, please contact your local community centers.  They probably have many get-togethers/events to bring the community and residents together. Give it a try!  Heart 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I am very lonely,  i would love someone to go out to lunch with, the movies ,things like that, i just can't seem to make it happen.

Is it a possibility to change your living situation, @goldensrbest?  I'm thinking of a senior apartment complex.  Do you have a senior center nearby for organized outings and events?  

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

For posters who feel truly alone, please contact your local community centers.  They probably have many get-togethers/events to bring the community and residents together. Give it a try!  Heart 

We were thinking along the same line, @ROMARY.  

Valued Contributor

Well when I saw the  heading I thought I needed this discussion.

Yes I am alone and I am lonely a double whammy. When my DH passed away very suddenly my world changed overnight. Slowly things are working out. I feel that self confidence plays a role also. Hard to get used to being alone in a crowd after a great 42 year marriage.

i do applaud all of you that handle this better than I do.

Esteemed Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

'Are You Lonesome Tonight'  (Elvis) ......... What a voice. 

@ROMARY

I was thinking of that song when I saw the thread title too.  I didn't even know it was Elvis.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org