Super Contributor

There are far worse things than being alone , like being with someone and still being lonely. OP, you should count your lucky stars that you can come and go as you please with no one to answer to. Enjoy your freedom.

Honored Contributor

I can't say enough about how our local community center has meant to many seniors who look forward to having inexpensive daily lunch, attend classes of all types, etc.  Just looking forward to seeing people once a week (or more) is wonderful.  Lots of volunteer opportunities, too.  Most/many are seniors who volunteer and enjoy talking to one another while volunteering.  Please call your local center for a schedule.  Some are 'drop in' classes/get-togethers. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Auntg wrote:

LilacTree wrote:

Is my font coming through very large, very small, or okay? 

I've been struggling with this for a couple of weeks now, some folks saying it's too small when I am using a "3" from the Q pull-down tab.  This is a 3. 

-----------

I like the size 3 too when reading posts.  I like being alone, but I'd rather shop and eat out with another person.  Maybe it's because I'm shy because my outgoing friends aren't afraid to do things alone - they end up striking up conversations with strangers.

It looks good from here, too.   The difference is that you don't use all bolded (screaming) font or bright, eyeball burning, colors.  Smiley Happy   That's where it goes bad on this board.

I just use the regular size that it automatically does and that's fine, too.  The good thing is that, instead of using super ginormous font, everybody can adjust the page on their own end if they need it larger.  I do that in other places, from time to time.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I think it's all about finding that balance that works for you.  I just don't like to pull too far one way or another as I see life as kind of a "balancing act".

Honored Contributor

Uh, oh.  I think/thought it's Elvis, but I'd better check, just to make sure.  I recall that song used as a background in a recent retro movie, and thought it was/is Elvis.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

Uh, oh.  I think/thought it's Elvis, but I'd better check, just to make sure.  I recall that song used as a background in a recent retro movie, and thought it was/is Elvis.

It's okay, @ROMARY.  I wasn't running over to iTunes to download it anyway.  Smiley LOL

I'm sure someone here will be happy to correct you if it's wrong.  heh

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Respected Contributor

I am an only child, just lost my mom last yr, lost dad 11 yrs ago, only have 1 son, but 4 g-kids. I am lonely at times, most of my friends are married. I am very active in going to watch my g-kids activities. Sometimes I wish for a man to share time with, then I realize how fortunate I am to have my freedom. I have been divorced for 20+yrs & would not want someone here full time,lol.. I do not want someone to cook & clean for 24/7. 

Honored Contributor

For the most part, no.  I like my company and cherish my alone time.  

Honored Contributor

I was away, and I'm back........ Yes, 'Are You Lonesome Tonight' by Elvis.  Probably other singers/artist, too.

Honored Contributor

@Elvita wrote:

There are far worse things than being alone , like being with someone and still being lonely. OP, you should count your lucky stars that you can come and go as you please with no one to answer to. Enjoy your freedom.

@Elvita

OMG, I do!!  I had two failed marriages, one lasted eight years (long enough to have four babies in four and a half years), the other lasted two.  They couldn't have been more different.

I swore I'd never marry again and I didn't.  I did have one long relationship but he lived with his mother and I lived with my kids.  That's why it lasted ten years.

I have always enjoyed my freedom!!

Image result for peanuts characters

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986